Local Number from VOIP SP

Old June 18th 06, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
John F Kappler

Default Local Number from VOIP SP

This may not be the right place for this question but I'll try
anyway....

My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
get a BT directory entry with that number?

TIA,

JohnK
Old June 18th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh John F Kappler:
This may not be the right place for this question but I'll try
anyway....

My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming calls. Will I
get a BT directory entry with that number?

TIA,

JohnK

Only if you request it.

Old June 18th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk
Thus spaketh John F Kappler:
This may not be the right place for this question but
I'll try anyway....

My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming
calls. Will I get a BT directory entry with that number?

TIA,

JohnK

Only if you request it.

Not always the case, it depends on the VoIP provider. Sipgate for one do
not list numbers in any directory, they say it is for regulatory reasons,
but not sure what they mean by that..!

Ivor

Old June 18th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean brought next idea :

I have noticed mobile numbers in the telephone directory.. Seems to be one on
almost every page!

You have far too much time on your hands ;-)

Old June 18th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Telephoneman

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk
Thus spaketh John F Kappler:
This may not be the right place for this question but
I'll try anyway....

My VOIP SP offers me a local code number for incoming
calls. Will I get a BT directory entry with that number?

TIA,

JohnK

Only if you request it.

Not always the case, it depends on the VoIP provider. Sipgate for one do
not list numbers in any directory, they say it is for regulatory reasons,
but not sure what they mean by that..!

Ivor

AFAIK if you are a UK Company issuing numbers to UK customers it is a
regulatory requirement that you must offer the facility of entry into the UK
phone directory for those that request it.

Old June 19th 06, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Telephoneman"
wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

[snip]

Not always the case, it depends on the VoIP provider.
Sipgate for one do not list numbers in any directory,
they say it is for regulatory reasons, but not sure
what they mean by that..!

AFAIK if you are a UK Company issuing numbers to UK
customers it is a regulatory requirement that you must
offer the facility of entry into the UK phone directory
for those that request it.

Sipgate are not a UK company. In any case, the directory is if I am
correct, compiled and maintained by BT, are you sure they are obliged to
insert the numbers of customers who are their direct competitors..?

Could you quote the source of your information, please..? This is not a
criticism, I am genuinely interested.

Ivor

Old June 19th 06, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk