Fast broadband with static IPs - anywhere?

Old June 18th 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Baker

Default Fast broadband with static IPs - anywhere?

Hi,

I currently have a Demon Business service at 1mb. Nice thing there is that I
get static IPs, which I need. I have 16, although I need only at least 4.
Other nice thing about the service is that there's absolutely no blocking of
traffic, so I get raw IP and can run whatever servers I require. No SMTP/25
blocking, etc. No volume limit, either.

So, other than the cost and speed, I'm happy.

Can anyone recommend a reliable provider who can offer ADSL2 speeds (like
6/8/16/24mb - yes I know it's dependent on my exchange, etc.), but also with
no volume limit, unfiltered service and some static IPs, all for a
reasonable price?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Old June 18th 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Steve Baker says...
Hi,

I currently have a Demon Business service at 1mb. Nice thing there is that I
get static IPs, which I need. I have 16, although I need only at least 4.
Other nice thing about the service is that there's absolutely no blocking of
traffic, so I get raw IP and can run whatever servers I require. No SMTP/25
blocking, etc. No volume limit, either.

So, other than the cost and speed, I'm happy.

Can anyone recommend a reliable provider who can offer ADSL2 speeds (like
6/8/16/24mb - yes I know it's dependent on my exchange, etc.), but also with
no volume limit, unfiltered service and some static IPs, all for a
reasonable price?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Have a look at the Eclipse business products, they do static IPs at no
extra cost. They do have a FUP which applies at certain times but
unlimited otherwise. 8 meg down and 832k upstream on Option 3 business
tarriff. There is some peak hours traffic management but no port
blocking and I don't have any issues overall on a home package.

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=busbbmain_bus

ADSL2 isn't really much of an option until BT get off their arse and the
serious players can move into it. So far the LLU side seems to be the
Toys-R-Us broadband outfits. It'll be interesting if Zen go ahead and
unbundle more exchanges.

FR
Old June 19th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Steve Baker wrote:

I currently have a Demon Business service at 1mb. Nice thing there is that I
get static IPs, which I need. I have 16, although I need only at least 4.
Other nice thing about the service is that there's absolutely no blocking of
traffic, so I get raw IP and can run whatever servers I require. No SMTP/25
blocking, etc. No volume limit, either.

So, other than the cost and speed, I'm happy.

coming soon...

http://www.demon.net/faster/

Phil

Old June 19th 06, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Steve Baker" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
[...]

Take a look at Plusnet business solutions ,fixed Ip and no blocking of
ports-I run a web,mail severs etc with out any problems.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old June 19th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message . com, PhilT
writes
coming soon...

http://www.demon.net/faster/

Phil

Coming soon, a fair usage policy as well, at least on the Home Office
and lower packages! Bye Bye Demon, it's been fun.
--
Clint Sharp
Old June 20th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

Steve Baker wrote:
Hi,

I currently have a Demon Business service at 1mb. Nice thing there is that I
get static IPs, which I need. I have 16, although I need only at least 4.
Other nice thing about the service is that there's absolutely no blocking of
traffic, so I get raw IP and can run whatever servers I require. No SMTP/25
blocking, etc. No volume limit, either.

So, other than the cost and speed, I'm happy.

Can anyone recommend a reliable provider who can offer ADSL2 speeds (like
6/8/16/24mb - yes I know it's dependent on my exchange, etc.), but also with
no volume limit, unfiltered service and some static IPs, all for a
reasonable price?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Zen have an unlimited Max Premium (upto 8128/832 sync) product for ~80
ex. VAT, I believe . You can get a /29 for no extra charge, if you ask
for it when you sign up; I think you can get larger subnets, but you
need to give them RIPE-style justification, and there's a one-off fee.

AAISP do various packages with daytime caps, ranging from 31 (1GB) to
59 (8GB) - that's for download only, 8am-6pm Mon-Fri; everything
outside that is unlimited. On the brighter side, you get as many IPv4
and IPv6 (native or tunneled) subnets, of whatever size, that you want -
they even do PI space for no extra charge. I'm a residential customer
and have two IPv4 subnets - a /29 and a /30 - as well as a single IP for
my WAN router. I've then got a mind-bogglingly large /48 IPv6

xF,

....Nick