VoIP Server Help

Old June 19th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default VoIP Server Help

Hi all,

I am trying to port voice recognition software to the company's server
so that users can use the technology in a browser instead of in a
downloaded application on the user's computer. What I need is a server
that can accept VoIP data (through SIP channels, I'm guessing), process
that data, and then return information to the user's computer or
browser.

I'm a bit of a noob in these sorts of things, but I've been doing quite
a bit of research. I was looking to see if I could just strip down
Asterisk, but Im not sure this is the best. Maybe I could run an Apache
server that I can configure to accept RTP data through SIP sessions?
Again, I'm not sure. If anyone could give me some advice - a book,
open-source software, another google group, anything - I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks.

Old June 21st 06, 10:39 PM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gradwell
wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to port voice recognition software to the company's server
so that users can use the technology in a browser instead of in a
downloaded application on the user's computer. What I need is a server
that can accept VoIP data (through SIP channels, I'm guessing), process
that data, and then return information to the user's computer or
browser.

I'm a bit of a noob in these sorts of things, but I've been doing quite
a bit of research. I was looking to see if I could just strip down
Asterisk, but Im not sure this is the best. Maybe I could run an Apache
server that I can configure to accept RTP data through SIP sessions?
Again, I'm not sure. If anyone could give me some advice - a book,
open-source software, another google group, anything - I'd appreciate
it.

You need asterisk...
http://www.digium.com/en/mediacenter...nessEditionB.1
with http://www.lumenvox.com/ speech stuff.

cheers
peter

Or you can use the new version of [email protected], trixbox.

Its basicly asterisk on top of the centos operation system.

Haven't played with trixbox yet mind you.
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/