Nationwide BT Number Portability

Old June 19th 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Default Nationwide BT Number Portability

hello

We're quite proud of the fact that we can now port BT numbers nationwide...

http://www.gradwell.com/about/shownews.php?id=112

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

cheers
peter

Old June 19th 06, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Peter Gradwell pretended :
hello

We're quite proud of the fact that we can now port BT numbers nationwide...

http://www.gradwell.com/about/shownews.php?id=112

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

cheers
peter

Whoohoo!!

......what about numbers that have been ported from, say Telewest, and
are now on BT?

I will read your web pages & apologise in advance if that info can be
found....

Old June 19th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Jono wrote:
Peter Gradwell pretended :
We're quite proud of the fact that we can now port BT numbers
nationwide...

http://www.gradwell.com/about/shownews.php?id=112

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

.....what about numbers that have been ported from, say Telewest, and
are now on BT?

Such a number is still a Telewest number and so would have to be ported
from Telewest to Gradwell (not from BT to Gradwell).
Old June 19th 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Paul Cupis formulated the question :
Jono wrote:
Peter Gradwell pretended :
We're quite proud of the fact that we can now port BT numbers
nationwide...

http://www.gradwell.com/about/shownews.php?id=112

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

.....what about numbers that have been ported from, say Telewest, and
are now on BT?

Such a number is still a Telewest number and so would have to be ported
from Telewest to Gradwell (not from BT to Gradwell).

Tsk. I expected as much.

Under existing porting arrangements, a port is only possible if the
losing operator is able to take the number back at some point in the
future. This is why you cannot take an ex-cable number (on BT) to a new
property where there is no cable.

I wonder what issues Gradwell have had to deal with to get to this
stage!

Old June 24th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen M Baines

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:22:21 +0100, Peter Gradwell
wrote:

hello

We're quite proud of the fact that we can now port BT numbers nationwide...

Aaargh! If only it had been a week earlier... We've just moved house
and had to tell everyone a completely new number, and I'm sure I've
forgotten people.
--
Stephen M Baines

http://www.alledal.nu
http://gallery.vollans.co.uk/v/Hols_And_Trips/Dubai/
Old June 28th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news.rcn.com

"Peter Gradwell" wrote in message
hello

We're quite proud of the fact that we can now port BT numbers
nationwide...

Well making that claim is all very well but what can you do about it when BT
pretend to find some excuse to refuse to port the number to you? Will YOU
make a complaint to OFCOM or tell the customer to do so?

(BTW OFCOM say they wont investigate individual complaints. Meaning
presumably that they will only investigate a generic complaint made by a
telecom company about a refusal to port and supported by the individual's
case facts)