Be broadband bought by O2

Old June 20th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Default Be broadband bought by O2

Mark wrote:
O2 has bought Be for 50m.

wow, 5 grand per customer :-)

Phil

Old June 20th 06, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

PhilT wrote:
Mark wrote:
O2 has bought Be for 50m.

wow, 5 grand per customer :-)

Phil

I wonder if this is good or bad.

Say what you like about TalkTalk (and I frequently do! ), at the
least they've invested the money to extend 'bog-standard' LLU well
beyond the current exchange limits... and that could well end up
stimulating competition among the other LLU providers -- well, perhaps.
Competing against 'free' broadband must be a real drag.

Perhaps O2 acquiring Be will lead to something similar? No doubt they'll
want to have as much coverage as is economic... and again, that may
kick-start a coverage/service race of some sort. Fingers crossed...

xF,

....Nick