Ace Internet .. Bunch Of Donkeys .. Eeee-Awww!

Old June 20th 06, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SDW

Default Ace Internet .. Bunch Of Donkeys .. Eeee-Awww!

NEVER have I experienced such ****-poor service from a company, and I've
dealt with a good few ISP's in my time.. I've been a customer of Ace's
here for little over a day.

Asked them in email if I could have a block of static IP's.. No problem
they say, so I place the order over the phone so I can stress I need the
block. The connect me up with one single static IP. Brilliant.

Phoned them up yesterday.. fail to get through so leave a message. Try
again to get through, speak to someone who confesses a cock-up was made
and it should be fixed yesterday or today.

I need my connection for work so I tried twice yesterday at 16.30 and
16.50 to see if they'd bothered their arses; each time I reached
position one in the queue, then reached the timeout of 20 minutes and
was asked to leave a message. Why bother? The message I left with them
earlier was never returned.

At 17.10 when I tried again I got number unobtainable on my Orange
phone, and "the other person has hung up" on my BT line.. Tried
repeatedly for a half hour or so.. No joy at all.. This wasn't a problem
with my two phones, I could make other calls just fine.

Phoned them three times this morning, and I'd guess around another 6
times throughout the day.. Left numerous messages, reached position 1 in
the queue a few times.. No elusive customer service rep though.

At 10p a minute or whatever Orange charge, I'd reckon this has easily
cost me over 50 in charges to try and correct a cock-up they've made
provisioning my account.. And I've spoke to one person who's lied about
how long it'd take to sort out.

How lucky for me they've changed their Terms and Conditions and so won't
be holding new customers for anything more than a months contract. When
I eventually do get through my first task will be to request a MAC.

40+VAT a month for this..

What a shower.