netgear dg632 firmware upgrade

Old June 21st 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tetsuya

Default netgear dg632 firmware upgrade

hello!
I have some problems with my router (netgear dg632) when there are many
many connections,so I wanna try a firmware upgrade.
this is the page on netgear website that explains the procedure for my
router: http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102746.asp

The page tells that:
Note: It is important not to interrupt the browser by closing the
window, clicking a link, or loading a new page while uploading to the
router. This may corrupt the software.

Do you think it's a good idea to physically disconnect the router from
the phone line,and leaving only the ethernet cable that connects it to
my pc,just to be *really* sure?

thank you :-)
Old June 21st 06, 05:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Tetsuya
says...
hello!
I have some problems with my router (netgear dg632) when there are many
many connections,so I wanna try a firmware upgrade.
this is the page on netgear website that explains the procedure for my
router: http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102746.asp

The page tells that:
Note: It is important not to interrupt the browser by closing the
window, clicking a link, or loading a new page while uploading to the
router. This may corrupt the software.

Do you think it's a good idea to physically disconnect the router from
the phone line,and leaving only the ethernet cable that connects it to
my pc,just to be *really* sure?

thank you :-)

All I've ever donw with mine is to download the update, log into the
router and point it to it.

--
Conor

Who the **** said I was trying to endear myself to anyone?
Old June 26th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Chard

Tetsuya wrote:
hello!
I have some problems with my router (netgear dg632) when there are many
many connections,so I wanna try a firmware upgrade.
this is the page on netgear website that explains the procedure for my
router: http://kbserver.netgear.com/release_notes/d102746.asp

The page tells that:
Note: It is important not to interrupt the browser by closing the
window, clicking a link, or loading a new page while uploading to the
router. This may corrupt the software.

Do you think it's a good idea to physically disconnect the router from
the phone line,and leaving only the ethernet cable that connects it to
my pc,just to be *really* sure?

FWIW I've always upgraded my DG834G over the DSL connection (even though
you're not supposed to, it's easier for me to do it from work), and have
never had a problem. Don't blame me if you blow up your router doing
this though! :-)

- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Unix & Network Administrator | E:
Systems and Electronic Resources Service | T: 80587 / (01865) 280587