SIP compatible wireless routers

Old June 21st 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robin

Default SIP compatible wireless routers

Hi

I have a sip wireless router / modem (fritzbox phone/wlan), however I need
to do an installation in other house that will have broadband via microwave
link to house & output will be a ethernet connection.

Does anyone make a good wlan router that is sip compatible, I have looked
but cant find one. ?

Thanks

Robin...

Old June 21st 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

Linksys do one. Check with www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

Old June 21st 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robin

Thanks

Looks like they do several

Any opinions as to get lynksys, billion, zyxel or dryatek ?

Future compatibly with any future standards as well as reliability & ease of
use are important.

Thanks

Robin..

On 21/6/06 13:47, in article , "ABC"
wrote:

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

Old June 21st 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"robin" wrote in message
Thanks

Looks like they do several

Any opinions as to get lynksys, billion, zyxel or dryatek ?

Future compatibly with any future standards as well as reliability & ease
of
use are important.

Thanks

Robin..

On 21/6/06 13:47, in article , "ABC"
wrote:

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

My personal preference is one of the Linksys ones, as they are the same as
the Supra ones (Linksys now owns the Supra range of VoIP adaptors). Linksys
is also owned by Cisco.

Old June 21st 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

"robin" wrote in message
Hi

I have a sip wireless router / modem (fritzbox phone/wlan), however I need
to do an installation in other house that will have broadband via
microwave
link to house & output will be a ethernet connection.

Does anyone make a good wlan router that is sip compatible, I have looked
but cant find one. ?

Thanks

Robin...

There's an ethernet only version of the Fritzbox, admittedly difficult to
get hold of in the UK.

Alternatively, the ADSL modem can be "removed" from one like you already
have........

Old June 21st 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

"robin" wrote in message
Thanks

Looks like they do several

Any opinions as to get lynksys, billion, zyxel or dryatek ?

Future compatibly with any future standards as well as reliability & ease
of
use are important.

Thanks

Robin..

On 21/6/06 13:47, in article , "ABC"
wrote:

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

Are you after a router with phone ports in, or just a router that won't
break SIP?

If the latter, a Linksys WRT54G with the DD-WRT 3rd party Voip firmware
works brilliantly, as DD-WRT has a basic SIP server built in & therefore you
need NO port forwarding. (Not all WRT54Gs can be upgraded, so check version
numbers carefully)

Old June 21st 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robin

Hi

How do I get the modem removed & ethernet installed ?

Thanks

Robin....

Old June 21st 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robin

Hi

I want a voip router that works, the fritzbox fon works fine but I need to
have ethernet in.

Thanks

On 21/6/06 18:40, in article
, "Jono"

Old June 21st 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

ABC wrote:
Linksys is also owned by Cisco.

Nowt to be proud about...

Old June 22nd 06, 01:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

HVB:
The Zyxel Prestige 2602HW has two SIP ports which can be independently
or co-operatively assigned.

As it happens I have NEW one in a box sitting under my desk, surplus to
requirement, open to offers.
(They are £155 from broadbandbuyer)
Martin at gsoft dot freeserve dot co dot uk