Asterisk @ Home .. Again :) Trunks!

Old June 21st 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Asterisk @ Home .. Again :) Trunks!

I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my asterisk @
home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!
Old June 21st 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sean" wrote in message
I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my asterisk @
home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!

Just create a DID, using your Sipgate(?) ID pointing to any destination you
want

Old June 21st 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my asterisk @
home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!

Just create a DID, using your Sipgate(?) ID pointing to any destination you
want

I have done, and calls go to where they should with no problems.. But in
the CDR, and CLI it shows as just one SIP ID.. for all calls on that
provider
Old June 21st 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean wrote on 21/06/2006 :
Jono wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my asterisk @
home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!

Just create a DID, using your Sipgate(?) ID pointing to any destination you
want

I have done, and calls go to where they should with no problems.. But in the
CDR, and CLI it shows as just one SIP ID.. for all calls on that provider

Ah, I know exactly what you mean now. I suffer from the same. The CDR
just shows SIP/username of the same trunk, regardless of which number
is dialled.

Old June 21st 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:
Sean wrote on 21/06/2006 :
Jono wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my
asterisk @ home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!

Just create a DID, using your Sipgate(?) ID pointing to any
destination you want

I have done, and calls go to where they should with no problems.. But
in the CDR, and CLI it shows as just one SIP ID.. for all calls on
that provider

Ah, I know exactly what you mean now. I suffer from the same. The CDR
just shows SIP/username of the same trunk, regardless of which number is
dialled.

Any idea why? This is annoying,as i don't know which trunk is being called!

Old June 21st 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Sean wrote:
Jono wrote:
Sean wrote on 21/06/2006 :
Jono wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my
asterisk @ home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!

Just create a DID, using your Sipgate(?) ID pointing to any
destination you want

I have done, and calls go to where they should with no problems.. But
in the CDR, and CLI it shows as just one SIP ID.. for all calls on
that provider

Ah, I know exactly what you mean now. I suffer from the same. The CDR
just shows SIP/username of the same trunk, regardless of which number
is dialled.

Any idea why? This is annoying,as i don't know which trunk is being called!

And, actually, as well as not know what is being called, if i set a
codec on the trunks... it ignores what i choose for incoming calls.

It only uses the codec setup in the one trunk which it for some reason
choses to show for all calls to all sipgate numbers.

What i want, is for trunks which actually call extensions to use high
quality codecs... But trunks which just go to information menu's and
things to use a lower codec!

Old June 21st 06, 10:38 PM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
I have quite a lot of trunks from the same provider set on my asterisk @
home box.

When a call comes in on any of these, they always come in on same
'channel' which is one of the providers accounts SIP ID's.

I think in need to sort out the Incoming Settings on the trunks?

Not sure what i should have in this!
Not completely sure what your getting at there.... what do you want to achieve?
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/