PlusNet down again?

Old June 22nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default PlusNet down again?

The portal is not loading and send mail is fooked.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please? Using new install of
Vista so I don't know whether it is my computer or them.
Thanks

Old June 22nd 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:55:21 +0100, "Beck"
wrote:

The portal is not loading and send mail is fooked.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please?

Yup, mail, relay, homepages, portal and news (sometimes) are all u/s
at the mo.

--
Mike
email: mikeb at twowheels dot plus dot com
Old June 22nd 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote:

The portal is not loading and send mail is fooked.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please?

Yup, mail, relay, homepages, portal and news (sometimes) are all u/s
at the mo.

Thanks. Both back now so at least I know it wasn't my setup.

Old June 22nd 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Brentnall

HI All

wrote:

The portal is not loading and send mail is fooked.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please?

Yup, mail, relay, homepages, portal and news (sometimes) are all u/s
at the mo.

Can't connect to www.plus.net or any of my sites hosted there, also
no pop3 service. Oddly, I just managed to _send_ and email vai plusnet
- though Lord only know where that's gone to !

Ah well - shouldn't complain. Lost plusnet adsl for three or four
hours this morning - at least I can browse the web now.....

What a shambles.
Strange how their billing computer never goes wrong,
likewise the cheery PC that keeps sending me emails like

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
We hope that you are enjoying PlusNet Broadband Pay As You Go (Monthly
Contract, No Modem) with included 2GB bandwidth account and finding
our services of exceptional value.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Oh yes - that'd be me !!

Adrian
Suffolk UK

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply
Old June 23rd 06, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

22 Jun 2006, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

22 Jun 2006, "MikeB wrote:

22 Jun 2006, "Beck" wrote:

The portal is not loading and send mail is fooked.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case please?

Yup, mail, relay, homepages, portal and news (sometimes) are all u/s
at the mo.

Possibly worth bookmarking http://www.servicestatus.net/index/ if you
plan to stay on PlankNet with customer services using VOIP (down!)

For any bystanders wondering about the link, it's a status site which
had been used by Metronet and hosted independently so doesn't often
suffer same downtime as PN services (but was down quite recently!)

with included 2GB bandwidth account and finding our services ...

Which will be presumably cost you a pound less each month when they bundle
2 GB for 14.99 from next (?) month. 14.99 gets 20 GB limit in peak hours
and has a 'fair use' limit off-peak with one of the rival ISPs! Seeing you
will be moving, you could always migrate away for a free month's use at a
different ISP, and be able to tell PlankNet you are "leaving in disgust".