PDA Software

Old June 22nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default PDA Software

Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
account details in

Old June 22nd 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

)))' Orange Peel '((( wrote:
Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
account details in

http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=Products&smenu=PPC + a few others
that Google throws up

alex
Old June 26th 06, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Adrian Fesel

)))' Orange Peel '((( schrieb:
Is there a softphone software, that i can put on my pda, that will allow me
to use my PDA as a telephone when near a wifi spot. I can put my sipdiscount
account details in

Google for SJphone
Old June 27th 06, 12:57 AM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... all in all a pretty good piece of kit!
__________________
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/
Old June 27th 06, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:57:52 +0100, mattpark
wrote:

I use xtens PPC version of their X phone software on my HX4700.... all
in all a pretty good piece of kit!

Are you still running WM2003? On my HX4700, I'm using WM5 and I
couldn't find anything except the beta of SJ Phone, which is fine
except that the "answer call" link doesn't work, so I mapped it to a
button and it's fine like that.
Old June 29th 06, 04:35 PM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release a WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow, too buggy, too many freezes.

So im back on 2003, i never tried the Xtens on WM5, is it supposed to be supported?
__________________
Old June 29th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:35:38 +0100, mattpark
wrote:

I was on WM5, but couldn't cope with HP's lack of ability to release a
WM5 version that can actually be used as a PDA. Far far far too slow,
too buggy, too many freezes.

There are a couple of hacks you need to do to make it work properly,
related to the filesys process. Without that, it is unusably slow.
With it, it's a dream. The HX4700 was designed for WM5. One day, HP
will release a version that doesn't need hacks.
Old July 4th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:05:54 +0100, "Lee" wrote:

Hello - where can I find those hacks.

Google for hx4700 wm5 filesys hack

and you should find lots of results.

Are they relevent to any WM5 machine
[I have an Xda Exec] or only the HX4700?

I don't know. It's to do with whether cluster sizes are 4k (as HP made
them) or 512bytes (as they should be)