VOIP Buster is a dead loss

Old June 23rd 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BrianF

Default VOIP Buster is a dead loss

So far no-one has responded to any of my postings on this subject so I ask
my self if anyone in the NG is using VOIP Buster.

Just to resume the situation:

I run Win XP Pro, 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 and 512 MHz RAM

I have been using this VOIP Buster for about 18 months and it has been
working very well apart from some early difficulties with distortion and
one-way communication. With various upgrades, those problems gradually
disappeared and, over the last few months, all has been fine and either
cheap or free.

A couple of weeks ago, the upgrade to version 2.10 Build 336 came along and
I immediately had trouble with the program shutting down shortly after
connection. Since then, I have not had one successful contact. It is not the
PC that is crashing - just the program exits and disconnects the call.

Deleting the program, cleaning up the registry, downloading and reinstalling
the program has achieved no change.

I have left several requests via the 'feedback' link on their website, where
they say they endeavour to give answers. No answers have been forthcoming. I
have written to their payments e-mail link but got no response.

Today, I decided to try giving them another 10 euros but that has also
achieved nothing.

I have no other problems with my PC and nothing shows up in the event logs
of either VOIP Buster or Windows.

Can anyone throw any light on this? It really would be appreciated.

BrianF

Old June 23rd 06, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh BrianF:
[...]

I used VoIP Buster when it cost ?1 to join up, and kept using it until they
stopped the free UK calls, I then moved over to SIP Discount and VoIPStunt,
I now just use VoIP Stunt, I used all their services through an ATA, but
with VoIP Stunt I do occasionally use their software and that's been fine,
will have a look at voipbuster.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old June 24th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh BrianF:
[...]

I now have 2.10 Build 336 running on my system, no problems so far.

Old June 24th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BrianF

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...

I now have 2.10 Build 336 running on my system, no problems so far.

Thanks for your interest. I suppose it may suddenly (due to the update) be
clashing with something else on my system but I would have expected that to
show up in the event logs.

BrianF

Old June 24th 06, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh BrianF:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message . uk...

I now have 2.10 Build 336 running on my system, no problems so far.

Thanks for your interest. I suppose it may suddenly (due to the
update) be clashing with something else on my system but I would have
expected that to show up in the event logs.

BrianF

Does seem strange, I can report that the program is still running here
without any problem.

Old June 24th 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BrianF

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh BrianF:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message . uk...

I now have 2.10 Build 336 running on my system, no problems so far.

Thanks for your interest. I suppose it may suddenly (due to the
update) be clashing with something else on my system but I would have
expected that to show up in the event logs.

BrianF

Does seem strange, I can report that the program is still running here
without any problem.

At last, I have found the VOIP Buster forum and it seems that there are
quite a few problems with this latest build, some are the same as mine but
others also. Unfortunately, there seems to be a dearth of solutions. I
suspect this version is buggy and throws up different problems dependent on
the configuration.

BrianF