Getting a second laptop to see a network

Old June 24th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Hugo Nebula

Default Getting a second laptop to see a network

I've brought home my new 'works' laptop, but I can't get it to connect
to my home network.

I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router/modem. The wireless access
point is enabled, the SSID is being broadcast, and access control is
off. Security is WPA-PSK.

My own laptop is a Dell Inspiron using the Intel Proset 2200BG
wireless connection. The 'works' laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro,
with the same wireless 'card'. The new laptop's wireless occasionally
receives a signal, as it shows a neighbours network with the same
strength as on my own laptop.

Any ideas?
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"