voip.co.uk Voicemail

Old June 25th 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default voip.co.uk Voicemail

Hello,

How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.

So......

I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
notification.

So..........

How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
SMS number is wrong.

So..........

I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

Old June 25th 06, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
Hello,

How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.

So......

I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
notification.

So..........

How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
SMS number is wrong.

So..........

I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

What was their reply to the ticket you raised?
Old June 25th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

David Floyd pretended :
In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Jono writes
Hello,

How on earth do you change your VM pin from the web interface? Every time I
try, I'm told that the SMS number is wrong.

So......

I seem to be able to only change the PIN by entering a mobile number for SMS
notification.

So..........

How do you then delete the SMS number? Every time I try, I'm told that the
SMS number is wrong.

So..........

I have entered 0 for the SMS number, which it seemed to accept, however, I
am billed 10p now for every VM, even though the SMS number field is blank.

What was their reply to the ticket you raised?

That it should be possible to change the PIN without entering an SMS
number; that the SMS texts that have already been sent were sent
correctly, (even though there is no number in the SMS field); that they
will ensure no further SMS are sent (yet they still are)

Old June 25th 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

[...]

Well, I think you can only keep on at them; if the problem persists then
the ticket should not be closed.

I changed my PIN some while back now and it worked OK; so I'm not going
to risk any problems now.

David
Old June 25th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

David Floyd explained on 25/06/2006 :
[...]

They've very quickly refunded the erroneous SMS charges. Very
impressed.