Where have Fasthosts disappeared to?

Old June 25th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blah McBlah

Default Where have Fasthosts disappeared to?

Can anyone out there see where fasthosts have disappeared to? I have
lost them completely and am getting no returns on dns lookup or
traceroutes etc
www.fasthosts.co.uk
They seem to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Anyone?
--
Blah McBlah the famous Scot.
Old June 25th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

"Blah McBlah" wrote in message
Can anyone out there see where fasthosts have disappeared to? I have
lost them completely and am getting no returns on dns lookup or
traceroutes etc
www.fasthosts.co.uk
They seem to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Anyone?

hmm, their sister site, ukreg.com isnt working as well...

looks like ukreg.com domain forwarding isnt working

Old June 25th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

Who me? wrote:
"Blah McBlah" wrote in message
Can anyone out there see where fasthosts have disappeared to? I have
lost them completely and am getting no returns on dns lookup or
traceroutes etc
www.fasthosts.co.uk
They seem to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Anyone?

hmm, their sister site, ukreg.com isnt working as well...

looks like ukreg.com domain forwarding isnt working

They're having some sort of network problem with their uplink provider.

xF,

....Nick
Old June 25th 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Blah McBlah" wrote in message
Can anyone out there see where fasthosts have disappeared to? I have
lost them completely and am getting no returns on dns lookup or
traceroutes etc
www.fasthosts.co.uk
They seem to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Anyone?

Yea, they host my site and it's fubar, DNS not resolving. Glad I'm not the
only one. Looking at my adsense page impression count, I'd guess they have
been down a fair while today.
James.

Old June 25th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

James,

Just checked whois records for fasthosts.co.uk to get their DNS servers
IP as no fasthosts hosted domains are resolving:

Name servers:
dns.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.192.251
dns1.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.193.249

From traceroutes to these DNS servers it looks like there is a problem

on the backbone, probably routing. I noticed they were down at approx
14:00 GMT today (Sunday). The DNS resolution is a secondary symptom of
them losing connectivity,

Great hosting, nothing like incorporating redundancy in an hosting
companies network!

UK_techie

Old June 25th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Man fasthosts are crap ive been with them less than a month and theyve
been down since 15.00 smack on as I was trying to upload some files to
my site at the time. Luckily ive got a 30day moneyback guarantee -phew!
They suck big fat balls!

Also UK reg is down as someone here mentioned, I'm not too clued up on
all the technical side of things so if I wanted to change host and get
my nameservers changed over will it matter that UK reg is still my
registrar, what I want to know is that if I change host and transfer my
domain will Uk reg's crap servers play havoc with the
accessibility/uptime of my new host??
Cheers people - Also come on the England!

Old June 25th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Who me? writes

"Blah McBlah" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone out there see where fasthosts have disappeared to? I have
lost them completely and am getting no returns on dns lookup or
traceroutes etc
www.fasthosts.co.uk
They seem to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Anyone?

hmm, their sister site, ukreg.com isnt working as well...

looks like ukreg.com domain forwarding isnt working

There is a major fibre optic outage at Gloucester since this afternoon -
not expected to be fixed until midnight at the earliest.

It's affecting many, many sites.

DF
Old June 25th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Nicholas Thomas wrote:
Who me? wrote:
"Blah McBlah" wrote in message
Can anyone out there see where fasthosts have disappeared to? I have
lost them completely and am getting no returns on dns lookup or
traceroutes etc
www.fasthosts.co.uk
They seem to have been wiped off the face of the earth.

Anyone?

hmm, their sister site, ukreg.com isnt working as well...

looks like ukreg.com domain forwarding isnt working

They're having some sort of network problem with their uplink provider.

They are definitely having network issues - their ranges are not in the
global routing table, so they have in effect fallen off of the face of
the Earth.

Apparently it will be fixed tomorrow morning, but we'll see.
Old June 25th 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Does moving a domain just mean changing the nameservers and keeping the
same registrar? and if my registrar is still UKreg will there poor
uptime still affect my site? Sorry for my denseness I have a hard time
visualising non physical things - gives me a headache s
Cheers for the help its much appreciated )
Rob