Which VOIP provider?

Old June 25th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Who me?

Default Which VOIP provider?

Who should I go with?

Thanks.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most." ~ Ozzy Osbourne

Old June 25th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Peterson

Who me?" wrote in message
Who should I go with?

Thanks.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most." ~ Ozzy Osbourne

Or, more grammatically... with whom should I go?

Dunno - but Gradwell and Sipgate serve me well.

Old June 25th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Who me? wrote:
Who should I go with?

Thanks.

This question is like asking how long is a piece of string.

You need to consider amongst other things.

1. Your call pattern.
2. The features you require e.g. voicemail, call blocking etc
3. What networks you need to call on-net.
4. Your expectations of customer service.
5. SIP/IAX2 and codecs

If you post your requirements I am sure you will get comments/
recommendations from this group.

Regards

Jon
Old June 25th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Stephen Peterson writes
Who me?" wrote in message
Who should I go with?

Thanks.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most." ~ Ozzy Osbourne

Or, more grammatically... with whom should I go?

Dunno - but Gradwell and Sipgate serve me well.

Voip.co.uk serves me well (and Sipgate to a lesser extent)
Old June 25th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Who me?:
Who should I go with?

Thanks.

What do you want from VoIP?

I'm happy with Sipgate, VoIP Stunt, FWD, Skypho.net and VoIP talk.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old June 26th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Who me?" wrote in message

Who should I go with?

How long is a piece of string..?!

What do you want from your service..? Where will you be calling, where
from, what number do you want, what equipment do you want to use, the list
goes on..!

Help us to help you :-)

Ivor

Old June 26th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:19:51 +0100, Jon Farmer wrote:

Who me? wrote:
Who should I go with?

Thanks.

This question is like asking how long is a piece of string.

You need to consider amongst other things.

1. Your call pattern.
2. The features you require e.g. voicemail, call blocking etc
3. What networks you need to call on-net.
4. Your expectations of customer service.
5. SIP/IAX2 and codecs

If you post your requirements I am sure you will get comments/
recommendations from this group.

Regards

Jon

Yes, I agree with Jon.
However, my findings are that voip.co.uk are the best for UK calls.
The VoIP service is reliable. Where they fail is on their on-line
software. There often seems to be problems in that area, be it the
call charge section or, as recently featured in one of the threads,
voicemail PIN setting etc. They do respond quickly to tickets and
deal, likewise, with urgent situations. Less urgent situations take a
long time. Overall, though, I would recommend them for outgoing calls.

It would be hard to improve on voipfone for incoming calls. They have
1471, 1571, CLI display type features, call forwarding, etc.
Their voicemail works well and they are reliable. I think that
voiptalk is also OK.

Once on VoIP you can use a variety of outgoing providers if you choose
the right kit (e.g. SPA-3000) OR do the appropriate set up (e.g.
simple procedure on http://www.leafcom.co.uk to set up PAP2 etc. to
multiple outgoing providers)
Avoid locked boxes from the likes of Vonage or Free Talk.
If you are not so technical get an unlocked box from a provider that
is ready set up to go on their service. You can always alter it later
when you learn more. Pricewise http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/ are
very competititve.
SPA-3000 permits use in conjunction with a PSTN (standard landline) as
well as VoIP - most others do not but may offer more VoIP lines.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 27th 06, 01:03 AM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom

How long is a piece of string?

Each has their perks and downfalls.

Currently im using voipfone and aql (more of an sms company, calls are't too cheap, but they are great when you need support)
__________________
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/
Old June 27th 06, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

While they have not released their VoIP service I have been testing the
Rozmic Messenger service from Rozmic Wireless:
http://www.rozmicwireless.com

It is a FREE service that allows secure, private and auditable business
class IM and file transfer services.

Check it out.

MC