Website not working?...

Old June 26th 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

Default Website not working?...

Can anyone else get powergen.co.uk working?

I just get a page not found, both in I.E. and Firefox and useing Pipex ADSL
Max.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne

Old June 26th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"Who me?" wrote in message
Can anyone else get powergen.co.uk working?

I just get a page not found, both in I.E. and Firefox and useing Pipex
ADSL Max.

Get it OK here in firefox - on namesco

http://www.powergen.co.uk/Pub/Dom/A/.../Homepage.aspx

Graham

Old June 26th 06, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Who me?" wrote in message
Can anyone else get powergen.co.uk working?

I just get a page not found, both in I.E. and Firefox and useing Pipex
ADSL Max.

No problems getting to that site here on Demon - using IE, Opera & Firefox

Old June 26th 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

masha wrote on Mon, 26 Jun 2006:

Not working here.
Tiscali 2mb ASDL

"Who me?" wrote in message
Can anyone else get powergen.co.uk working?

Fine here using Zen and Firefox.

--
Nightowl
Old June 26th 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SoWeezy

works fine with www. in front but not without

Old June 26th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

SoWeezy wrote on Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:54:23 +0100:

Can anyone else get powergen.co.uk working?

I just get a page not found, both in I.E. and Firefox and useing Pipex
ADSL Max.

works fine with www. in front but not without

While the DNS records both point to the same IP, I'd guess that whatever
proxy they use isn't passing requests to the backend server if the www. is
missing. If it was just a case of the host header not being on the web
server there should be at least a 400 error response, but as there's nothing
at all it suggests a proxy of some kind is checking incoming requests and
ignoring any that don't have a host header that matches one in the allowed
list.

Dan

Old July 2nd 06, 08:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Irongecko

works fine here on BT