Free Orange Broadband - ADSL or ADSLMax flavour?

Old June 26th 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matt

Default Free Orange Broadband - ADSL or ADSLMax flavour?

Hi

I currently have BT broadband at 1Mb, which is the fastest that BT can offer
me on standard ADSL. However, they estimate that I could get 3Mb by
switching to the ADSL Max service despite the distance from my exchange.

As I have an Orange mobile, I thought it would make sense to switch to
Orange Broadband... but whenever I ask the question about speeds they tell
me that I can get "Up to 8MB" [on my exchange] followed in the next breath
by "1MB on *that* number".

Orange are unable to tell me whether I can get the ADSL Max service from
them (with Orange Free Broadband)... is anyone able to help please!

Many many thanks

Matt