Ping BrainA

Old June 26th 06, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default Ping BrainA

Hi Brian,

I've been trying to follow http://www.leafcom.co.uk and am sure I've
missed something minor but significant - I cannot get it all to work!

1. Voxalot account set up with internetcalls as a provider (do I use
sip.internetcalls.com or just internetcalls.com?)

3. Voxalot dialplan = _xx. (I intend to dial the number in full -
0044etc)

4. dialplan in SPA3K = 0#,:[x*][x*].:@gw1 (cumbersome for the
moment, but bear with me!)

5. in GW1, I have ; nat mapping is no; auth ID is
voxalotID; password is voxalot password.

Can you offer an help?

Thanks.

Old June 26th 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:04:18 +0100, Jono
wrote:

Hi Brian,

I've been trying to follow http://www.leafcom.co.uk and am sure I've
missed something minor but significant - I cannot get it all to work!

Firstly, I think there may be something wrong with the server
currently.
I have been getting some problems.
1. Voxalot account set up with internetcalls as a provider (do I use
sip.internetcalls.com or just internetcalls.com?)

You use whatever your provider requires.
It is, in this case, sip.internetcalls.com
For example all below are correct - they don't always have a sip sub
domain.
sip.sipdiscount.com
voiptalk.org
sipgate.co.uk
sip.faktortel.com.au

See http://tinyurl.com/ebw2m for sip addresses.

3. Voxalot dialplan = _xx. (I intend to dial the number in full -
0044etc)

In the method I described you keep the complication to the dial plan
in your ATA.
Set up voxalot just as described. Don't try to doctor it in any way.
If you veer away from the method described it will not work. You do
the 'doctoring' in your ATA dial plan NOT in voxalot.
If you want to dial your full number you can.
Keep to xx. as described for voxalot.
You can, of course, do your dial plan settings in voxalot if you
prefer. That, however, means you should totally ignore the method I
have described. It is intended to make things simple.
I do know that if you follow the method it will work. Someone else
tried it and had it going very quickly.
4. dialplan in SPA3K = 0#,:[x*][x*].:@gw1 (cumbersome for the
moment, but bear with me!)

5. in GW1, I have ; nat mapping is no; auth ID is
voxalotID; password is voxalot password.

These are my settings:-

AuthID: voxalotPhoneNumber
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
Password: your voxalot pasword

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 26th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:49:59 GMT, Brian A
Firstly, I think there may be something wrong with the server
currently.

I have been using the OZ server. Logged back on to the .com server and
it is working for me just now.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 27th 06, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Brian A" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:49:59 GMT, Brian A
Firstly, I think there may be something wrong with the server
currently.

I have been using the OZ server. Logged back on to the .com server and
it is working for me just now.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Thank you for your responses.
I have tried the AU server, to no avail.

What's the dial plan you have set up in the SPA to use a specific gateway?

I'm not certain, however, but I think my problem is more local......I have
tried using internetcalls directly in the gw1, unsuccessfully. So I thought
it might be a registration issue, hence me trying voxalot.

Instead of ringing tone, when I dial a number, I get a continuous tone.
Incidentally, this happens using Voxalot(with Internetcalls as provider) or
with Internetcalls directly entered in gw1.

Old June 27th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

wrote:

3. Voxalot dialplan = _xx. (I intend to dial the number in full -
0044etc)

In the method I described you keep the complication to the dial plan
in your ATA.
Set up voxalot just as described. Don't try to doctor it in any way.

The only change I've made is not having the leading 1st digit as I'm
experimenting at the moment & am only trying one provider (I've also not
changed the exten setting which would strip the leading digit)

If you veer away from the method described it will not work. You do
the 'doctoring' in your ATA dial plan NOT in voxalot.
If you want to dial your full number you can.
Keep to xx. as described for voxalot.
You can, of course, do your dial plan settings in voxalot if you
prefer. That, however, means you should totally ignore the method I
have described. It is intended to make things simple.
I do know that if you follow the method it will work. Someone else
tried it and had it going very quickly.

Interestingly, I cannot dial the voxalot 600 number either (echotest)

4. dialplan in SPA3K = 0#,:[x*][x*].:@gw1 (cumbersome for the
moment, but bear with me!)

5. in GW1, I have ; nat mapping is no; auth ID is
voxalotID; password is voxalot password.

These are my settings:-

AuthID: voxalotPhoneNumber
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
Password: your voxalot pasword

This is the same as what I have in my gateway......

Could the problem be internetcalls? Is anyone else successfully using them
either as a gateway on the SPA3K or as a provider on voxalot? (Though
wouldn't the echo test work regardless of whether internetcalls is
functioning?

Also, in the dialplan page of voxalot, there's a test box. I initiate the
test and am told that
is being called,
yet the phone never rings.....

Cheers.

Old June 27th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:12:58 GMT, "Jono"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

It won't.

It does not 'call' . It is just to test the dial plan.
Say you have set up to the method I have described. You may have set,
say, operator 7, represented in the dial plan by _7XX. to voipfone.
Say you wanted to route via voipfone you would preface the number you
wanted to dial by 7. Thus the result, after clicking the test button,
would be:-

"A call to:700441274123456 will get forwarded to
"

This is the same as how the dial plan would be written in your ATA if
you have followed the method I outlined. Any calls, IN THIS EXAMPLE,
to be routed via voipfone would have the number prefaced by a 7.

eg. (00:700xx. :@gw4)
Any number beginning in 00 would be routed via voipfone.
Assuming you have, for example, set up voxalot on gateway 4 of an
SPA-3000 or you have voxalot as your main provider on a ATA such as
PAP2.
If you read the document through carefully it is all explained there
and there are examples.As I warned at the beginning of the article
DON'T speed read it because you just won't get the hang of it.
Do remember that calls woun't be connected as fast, going via voxalot,
as they would gooing direct from your ATA.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 27th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Brian A laid this down on his screen :
is being called,
yet the phone never rings.....

It won't.

Ah. OK - make sense now.

It does not 'call' . It is just to test the dial plan.
Say you have set up to the method I have described. You may have set,
say, operator 7, represented in the dial plan by _7XX. to voipfone.
Say you wanted to route via voipfone you would preface the number you
wanted to dial by 7. Thus the result, after clicking the test button,
would be:-

"A call to:700441274123456 will get forwarded to
"

Ah, OK - at least my dialplan is OK

This is the same as how the dial plan would be written in your ATA if
you have followed the method I outlined. Any calls, IN THIS EXAMPLE,
to be routed via voipfone would have the number prefaced by a 7.

eg. (00:700xx. :@gw4)
Any number beginning in 00 would be routed via voipfone.
Assuming you have, for example, set up voxalot on gateway 4 of an
SPA-3000 or you have voxalot as your main provider on a ATA such as
PAP2.
If you read the document through carefully it is all explained there
and there are examples.As I warned at the beginning of the article
DON'T speed read it because you just won't get the hang of it.
Do remember that calls woun't be connected as fast, going via voxalot,
as they would gooing direct from your ATA.

I did read it entirely, twice before implementing any of it.

Why can I not even dial the echotest number???

This is the output of the syslog (edited)

syslog server(port:514) started on Tue Jun 27 23:00:29 2006
[0]Off Hook
[0]PlayOutDial 1
:0
[0:0]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16398)
[0:0]RTP Rx Up
RSE_DEBUG: reference domain:voxalot.com
RSE:GetServerAddrErr(voxalot.com,0)=-101
TP:?Tx-0
[0:0]AUD Rel Call
CC:Failed
RSE_DEBUG: unref domain, voxalot.com
RSE_DEBUG: last unref for domain voxalot.com
Sess Terminated
[0]On Hook

[0]Off Hook
[0]PlayOutDial 1
:0
[0:0]AUD ALLOC CALL (port=16400)
[0:0]RTP Rx Up
RSE_DEBUG: reference domain:voxalot.com
RSE:GetServerAddrErr(voxalot.com,0)=-101
TP:?Tx-0
[0:0]AUD Rel Call
CC:Failed
RSE_DEBUG: unref domain, voxalot.com
RSE_DEBUG: last unref for domain voxalot.com
Sess Terminated
[0]On Hook

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Old June 28th 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:06:39 +0100, Jono
wrote:

[...]

I've made an addition to the end of the article on the web site. See
if this helps.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 28th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Brian A" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for that Brian, however, I think there's something more serious wrong
with my setup.........

The correct number (600) is being passed to the gateway as indicated in the
syslog entry above. I've also tried 0800800150, among others.

I have the same problem whether internetcalls is directly entered in the
gateway, or voxalot - indicating a local problem - as not even the echotest
number works.

.............../almost/ tempted to ask you to pop round! Bradford's not that
big, after all........I will get to grips with it though, I'm sure.

A bit more info on my setup:

Router - WRT54G - with the DD-WRT Voip firmware, which has [email protected]

[email protected] v 2.7 which all my SPAs register with.

Clearly I've got the multiple outbound/inbound all working with
asterisk........I'm just a serial tinkerer and am frustrated by my inability
to get the blooming gateway function of the SPA3K to function.

Thanks for your time, anyway.