Windows Media Centre Edition

Old June 27th 06, 12:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Windows Media Centre Edition

I have recently installed the above on a computer. It works well except the
computer has started freezing for no reason at some point when the
screensaver activates.

I have tried everything I know but to no avail. I spoke to one of my
colleagues by chance and discovered that he is having the same problems as
is one of his friends.

It leads me to think that one of the MS updates has a bug in it.

I installed a second hard drive with Windows 98 and no hangs so it has to be
XP.

This coincides with using MCE on a wireless network. It can access no
problem at all but other computers cannot access shared folders on it.

I have tried everything I know. It can be seen on the network but nothing
more. Firewalls off etc etc so thinking something is definitely buggy.

Any takers