Limiting max sync on netgear

Old June 27th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pzboyz

Default Limiting max sync on netgear

Jaro wrote:
Hi, is it possible to set, i.e. limit, the max sync speed on a netgear
DG834G v1 router latest firmware.

No, you can not.

Though wire cutters will limit the sync rate.

Old June 27th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

pzboyz wrote:
Jaro wrote:
Hi, is it possible to set, i.e. limit, the max sync speed on a
netgear DG834G v1 router latest firmware.

No, you can not.

Though wire cutters will limit the sync rate.

If you know any Openreach ADSL engineers you may be able to talk a
line attenuator out of them, if not just get a 200mtr length of cable
& put that in line every 3 days for a few hours, other than
that......throw a paddy with your ISP as I have done. My synch speeds
are always 4Mb +, whilst my BRAS is only 3Mb so you can imagine the
fun I've been having especially at this time of night when the SNR
goes thru the floor