Asterisk, Dial() and bridging...

Old June 28th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Lukasik

Default Asterisk, Dial() and bridging...

Hi,

I want to dial asterisk box via, let's say, Zap/1-1.
Then I hang up. After that asterisk calls using Zap/1-8 on number 123456.
Plays sound file and exits.
But when I hang up it hangs up and it's not going to next "exten". When I
don't hang up, it is creating a bridge between Zap/1-1 and Zap/1-2.

Anyone know how to help me?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Old June 28th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Martin Lukasik wrote:
Hi,

I want to dial asterisk box via, let's say, Zap/1-1.
Then I hang up. After that asterisk calls using Zap/1-8 on number 123456.
Plays sound file and exits.
But when I hang up it hangs up and it's not going to next "exten". When I
don't hang up, it is creating a bridge between Zap/1-1 and Zap/1-2.

Anyone know how to help me?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Err can you post your dialplan. What you post above makes little sense
with out seeing what you are trying to acheive through the dialplan

Regards

Jon
Old June 29th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Lukasik

Err can you post your dialplan. What you post above makes little sense
with out seeing what you are trying to acheive through the dialplan

Nothing really to post ;-)
I'm connected to asterisk via PSTN. Then it goes into the context and
executes Dial(Zap/1-1/123456) to call person at 123456, play announcement
and disconnect.
But if I use Dial() it bridges the channels (the one, which I'm calling from
and the one from Dial() [Zap/1-1]).
I found out I can use /var/lib/asterisk/outgoing to put some files in and
asterisk will pick them and execute it.
I've done that and seems okay, but the problem is that asterisk says call is
connected when the phone is still ringing. And I don't know how to fix this
problem... Trying with BackgroundDetect() now...

m.