Print Servers

Old June 28th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Fixer

Default Print Servers

Trying to set up a Belkin Wireless Print Server, witha Belkin Wireless
Router, have installed everything as directed the router sees the print
server on 192.168.2.7 and I can get into the print server via the web
browser so I know all thats configured correctly.

However the problem is the actual printing, when you install the printer via
the USB connector directly to the laptop it installs correctley and you can
print, however when you remove the usb cable to insert it into the print
server the icon in printers folder greys out to say theres no printer
connected, so when you actually hit the print button it sends to the server
(activity leds) but the printer status software comes up as printer not
ready as it believes the printer is not connected.

Any ideas?

Desperate

Old June 30th 06, 02:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter

"Fixer" wrote in
:

Trying to set up a Belkin Wireless Print Server, witha Belkin Wireless
Router, have installed everything as directed the router sees the
print server on 192.168.2.7 and I can get into the print server via
the web browser so I know all thats configured correctly.

However the problem is the actual printing, when you install the
printer via the USB connector directly to the laptop it installs
correctley and you can print, however when you remove the usb cable to
insert it into the print server the icon in printers folder greys out
to say theres no printer connected, so when you actually hit the print
button it sends to the server (activity leds) but the printer status
software comes up as printer not ready as it believes the printer is
not connected.

Any ideas?

Desperate

Printer properties 'Ports' tab ?

I don't know about Belkin print servers, but I expect you will have loaded
some client software on your PC which will give you extra virtual ports
(possibly with obscure names).

You now need to tell your PC which virtual port the printer is attached to.

If you can't get to the properties, you might need to reconnect the printer
to your PC temporarily.