Zyxel ATA's

Old June 29th 06, 08:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

Default Zyxel ATA's

Any experience anybody?

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a bad time with a
PAP2.

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Old June 29th 06, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Dave Saville:
Any experience anybody?

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't
find any for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a
bad time with a PAP2.

Strange I've not known anyone have any problem with a PAP2, and I've
certainly never had a problem, other than with VoIPStunt holding open
the line after hang up, but that was fix with an update. It's an
excellent ATA.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old June 29th 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Dave Saville wrote:
Any experience anybody?

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a bad time with a
PAP2.

My experience with a Zyxel 2602HW router with VOIP ports was that it
worked OK in a basic configuration but if you tried to use Bandwidth
Management and detailed firewall rules then it got a bit unreliable
(would need restarting rather frequently).

If you mean standalone VOIP interfaces then I've no experience.

(I now use a Speedtouch 716WL and that seems to work very reliably,
though it has rather fewer facilities than the Zyxel)

--
Chris Green

Old June 29th 06, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Dave Saville writes
Any experience anybody?

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a bad time with a
PAP2.

Absolutely no problem. I have two SPA3000, one Sipura and one Linksys.
Never had any problem. Mind you I think they have a steep learning curve
to get it right. :-(

David
Old June 29th 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Smith

Dave Saville wrote:

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a bad time with a
PAP2.

Tried a ZyXel on F9. Complete failure - one way calls mainly. I
don't know whether this was a faulty router or the F9 service.

I returned it and got a refund.

regards, Ian
Old June 29th 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wira One

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:51:48 +0100, Dave Saville wrote:

Any experience anybody?

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a bad time with a
PAP2.

I've been using my Linksys PAP2 for the last six months and I've zero
problem with it. Wondering what sort of problem do you have with your PAP2.

Old June 29th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:25:44 GMT, Wira One wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:51:48 +0100, Dave Saville wrote:

Any experience anybody?

Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :-) Had a bad time with a
PAP2.

I've been using my Linksys PAP2 for the last six months and I've zero
problem with it. Wondering what sort of problem do you have with your PAP2.

I just *knew* when I posted that there would be N posts saying how wonderful
PAP2s are :-)

Noise, static, hissing whatever you want to call it. The "phone off hook in 2nd
port" trick did not work either. There seems to be a high number of google hits
to do with linksys/sipura ATAs and static. Once bitten............

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Old June 29th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wiraone

"Dave Saville" wrote in
. uk:

I just *knew* when I posted that there would be N posts saying how
wonderful PAP2s are :-)

Noise, static, hissing whatever you want to call it. The "phone off
hook in 2nd port" trick did not work either. There seems to be a high
number of google hits to do with linksys/sipura ATAs and static. Once
bitten............

Ah, I guess the "real" problem is due to many Linksys/Sipura users out
there compared to either Zyxel or Zoom. I was looking for information on
Zoom ATAs last week but I couldn't find any review/discussion or any
info on what the differences between Zoom 5800 and 5805. This conclude
either Zoom owners are happy with the devices they have as is.. or not
that many people own Zoom branded ATAs.

Old June 30th 06, 03:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

I have had Zyxel 2602 HWL VoIP router for a year now, ever since they come
out.
Works perfectly well, specially now that it synchs at 8Mb/s.
It has QoS and can receive calls from both lines on one phone.
The only drawback is only 10 speed dial No.s and no dial plan.
I am pretty sure their 2002 ATA is the same thing without the modem, router
and WiFi bits.
Regards,
Martin