Free UK DID

Old June 30th 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jackson

Default Free UK DID

Here is the site www.voicestick.com
Old June 30th 06, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 30 Jun 2006 01:32:22 GMT, Jackson wrote:

Here is the site www.voicestick.com

On the face of it this seems quite good. Free number and good rates.
I can only find reference to soft operation though - is it SIP, i.e.
can it be run on an ATA?

Heard on a US news bulletin that Vonage are offering a similar pen
drive system now.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 30th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DMac

Heard on a US news bulletin that Vonage are offering a similar pen
drive system now.

are there any of these pen drives that includes a socket for a headset
rather than having to use the pc sound card

Old June 30th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:15:27 GMT, "DMac" wrote:

Heard on a US news bulletin that Vonage are offering a similar pen
drive system now.

are there any of these pen drives that includes a socket for a headset
rather than having to use the pc sound card

The pen drive will only contain the phone software. It needs a
computer to run on - it doesn't contain the complete operating system
and hardware of a computer AND a 'sound card' as well - wow you're
wanting a lot !
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 30th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DMac

The pen drive will only contain the phone software. It needs a
computer to run on - it doesn't contain the complete operating system
and hardware of a computer AND a 'sound card' as well - wow you're
wanting a lot !

I realise that lot - I had envisaged a usb dongle that you could use
anywhere there was a 'net connection on
a windoze pc and it would just work. Say you went into a cyber cafe - plug
it in, connect your headset and
bingo it all works without having to faff around with settings or diving
round the back of a pc to
access a sound card etc. Quite a tall order. But why bother with a pendrive
you could just have an active x download that installed everything onto the
pc then wiped it when
you'd finished

Old July 1st 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:16:43 GMT, "DMac" wrote:

The pen drive will only contain the phone software. It needs a
computer to run on - it doesn't contain the complete operating system
and hardware of a computer AND a 'sound card' as well - wow you're
wanting a lot !

I realise that lot - I had envisaged a usb dongle that you could use
anywhere there was a 'net connection on
a windoze pc and it would just work. Say you went into a cyber cafe - plug
it in, connect your headset and
bingo it all works without having to faff around with settings or diving
round the back of a pc to
access a sound card etc. Quite a tall order. But why bother with a pendrive
you could just have an active x download that installed everything onto the
pc then wiped it when
you'd finished

I think I get your drift now. I will save time installing software. It
may be that is you are using a computer belonging to someone else that
they may not want you to install software. If the sound part was on
the dongle it would be a winner.
I wouldn't want to use Vonage anyway. Their calls are way overpriced.
Most voip providers charge 0p/min - 1p/min to Australia, for example,
Vonage charge 3p/min.
Mecico City:Vonage 25p/min , Voipfone 5p/min, Sipdiscount:3p/min.
Vonage are a rip off. If anyone wants a pendirve solution then
voicestick.com off a far better solution in my view.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 2nd 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

http://voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-8660.html

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
09:47:17 up 13 days, 22:28, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.15