Bulldog and Virgin.Net

Old June 30th 06, 06:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Robinson

Default Bulldog and Virgin.Net

This one should amuse you. Have had Bulldog for the last 6 months,
but have just switched to Virgin as the BD introductory period has run
out, and I don't really need their 2nd phone line.

Highest speed I ever got on the BD line was 2.8mbps. This apparently
was due to me being too far from the exchange to get anything faster.
I switched Virgin on yesterday (different phone line) and guess what
speed I get?

6.9mb.

Bulldog are muppets.

--
to respond via email, visit:
http://tinyurl.com/e48z9
Old July 2nd 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 Jun 2006, Tom Robinson wrote:

I switched Virgin on yesterday (different phone line) and guess what
speed I get? 6.9mb.

Bulldog are muppets.

Since it is a different phone line, you're not comparing speed on the
same connection back to the exchange, so your "muppets" comment is
quite ridiculous. If you get ADSL again on that second line you'll
perhaps find it limited to a similar speed, because of the route etc.
Old July 2nd 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

guv wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:13:33 +0100, poster
wrote:

On 30 Jun 2006, Tom Robinson wrote:

I switched Virgin on yesterday (different phone line) and guess
what
speed I get? 6.9mb.

Bulldog are muppets.

Since it is a different phone line, you're not comparing speed on
the
same connection back to the exchange, so your "muppets" comment is
quite ridiculous. If you get ADSL again on that second line you'll
perhaps find it limited to a similar speed, because of the route
etc.

Then its nothing to do with the distance from the exchange then is
it?

No it's to do with the network between your house & the exchange which
is completely different..