e7broadband e7even gone? Ezee DSL taken over?

Old July 1st 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pjlusenet

Default e7broadband e7even gone? Ezee DSL taken over?

My e7even broadband connection wasn't working this morning.
What was odd was I could 'ping' everywhere but no web pages or data
transfer worked (even VPN!)

Eventually got a page displayed from Ezee DSL saying that e7even could
no longer provide service.

Options were either

wait until July 14th to connect to a different ISP (there was no
explanation about whether or not you needed to get your MAC etc..)

or

sign up with Ezee DSL straight away (£15.99/month for 512k, other
speeds available). I think this is a 12-month contract although they
don't make it very clear!

I was a bit wary in case Ezee were just e7even renamed and doing
another scam but they claimed to be part of 186k (who, as far as I can
tell used to be the telecoms part of Transco) and were wholesalers for
Tiscali.

Anyway I decided to risk it and payed up using Worldpay.

Anybody know if these guys are genuine.

My connection was working within seconds of paying - which surprised
me a bit.

Old July 1st 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On 1 Jul 2006 08:14:45 -0700, "pjlusenet"
wrote:

[...]

I've just logged onto e7even's homepage and it gives the following:

"Welcome to e7broadband
Welcome to e7broadband, the lowest priced quality broadband service
provider in the UK. From just £10.00 per month, you can have
high-speed access to the Internet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
With no limitations or download restrictions. Now ALL subscriptions
come with a FREE ADSL modem!

Using a 256Kb, 512Kb, 1Mb, 2Mb, 4Mb, 6Mb or 8Mb ADSL (Asymmetric
Digital Subscriber Line) broadband connection to the Internet instead
of a dial-up one means you can access websites, media, downloads,
email and more at up to 160 times faster than with a standard dial-up
connection."

Old July 2nd 06, 04:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Irongecko

They've finally gone bust. see
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...w=&sb=&o=&vc=1

Old July 2nd 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Weatherlawyer

Default Wot 2 year warning?

Irongecko wrote:

They've finally gone bust. see
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...w=&sb=&o=&vc=1

"Finally, a quick thank you to all of those negative posters who wanted
to take E7even to court and put them out of business. You have
succeeded, so I hope you are feeling happy and contented. I, like many
others, will have lost any possibility of getting money back and have
lost 2 years of subscription [expires 25th July 2008 - paid by business
cheque, so no CC guarantee to fall back on]. "

One has to laarff, does not one?

Note to self: stay with AOL. They seem to know what they are doing.

Old July 2nd 06, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard H Huelin

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Irongecko wrote:

They've finally gone bust. see
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat...w=&sb=&o=&vc=1

"Finally, a quick thank you to all of those negative posters who wanted
to take E7even to court and put them out of business. You have
succeeded, so I hope you are feeling happy and contented. I, like many
others, will have lost any possibility of getting money back and have
lost 2 years of subscription [expires 25th July 2008 - paid by business
cheque, so no CC guarantee to fall back on]. "

One has to laarff, does not one?

Note to self: stay with AOL. They seem to know what they are doing.

If something looks to good to be true is most likely is. Foot stamping and
blaming others for your failure to do a little research before parting with
your cash is not going to get it back. Seems like an expensive lesson, but
I guess that is the way the terminally clue resistant learn.

Old July 2nd 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message .com,
Weatherlawyer wrote

Note to self: stay with AOL. They seem to know what they are doing.

Isn't AOL in the UK seeking a buyer for its business?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old July 3rd 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

wrote:

[...]

If anyone is interested, I came across this:
http://www.ukdata.com/numbers/05532548.html

--
Keith Willcocks

Old July 3rd 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:17:01 +0100, Alan wrote:

In message .com,
Weatherlawyer wrote

Note to self: stay with AOL. They seem to know what they are doing.

Isn't AOL in the UK seeking a buyer for its business?

AOL sux
Old July 4th 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Have to agree, tried many times to fix AOL problems for clients. My
broadband worked fine on their PC's (was E7even) but AOL failed, up to
6 weeks and sometimes complete windows re-install to sort it out.

E7even, Ofcom and Otelo cannot update as to whether e7even have
gone bust

1. Can anyone confirm this?
2. Also does anyone know if it is illegal to withold MAC codes?

I have client websites with E7even and now the domain names are
unavailable so no websites.

Can't even get to them to re-direct, therefore unhappy customers and my
Company Name and Services tarnished again, thanks very much E7even

HPC Solutions Limited