Homecall anyone?

Old July 1st 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
[L.]

Default Homecall anyone?

A friend of mine, who is currently subscribed to the Homecall
telephone service, received a call from a Homecall sales
representative offering 1MB broadband for 7.99 a month.
He is not very "au fait" with internet issues but asked to be called
back Monday so he could check further, and immediately asked me.

7.99 seems an interesting price, but I cannot find anything about that
offer on the net, nor can I find the limitations, and the catch (there
must be one at that price).

I know that by switching him over to another phone provider I could
probably save him some money, but change comes difficult for him, and
I only want to advise him about the specific broadband offer.

Any comments on this will be very much appreciated.

Lorenz

[L.]
Old July 1st 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pooter

[L.] ] said
A friend of mine, who is currently subscribed to the Homecall
telephone service, received a call from a Homecall sales
representative offering 1MB broadband for 7.99 a month.
He is not very "au fait" with internet issues but asked to be called
back Monday so he could check further, and immediately asked me.

7.99 seems an interesting price, but I cannot find anything about that
offer on the net, nor can I find the limitations, and the catch (there
must be one at that price).

I know that by switching him over to another phone provider I could
probably save him some money, but change comes difficult for him, and
I only want to advise him about the specific broadband offer.

Any comments on this will be very much appreciated.

Lorenz

[L.]

Homecall are owned by Pipex and they are calling Pipex customers
offering them various offers if they take the telephone.

In the Pipex newsgroup someone has just posted that they were offered
Max if they took the phone but went on to say something about it not
being explained that the cheap price was just for the 1st three months.

Personally I wouldn't take an offer up over the phone and would wish to
see the terms and conditions written down first.
Old July 1st 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

"[L.]" wrote in message
A friend of mine, who is currently subscribed to the Homecall
telephone service, received a call from a Homecall sales
representative offering 1MB broadband for 7.99 a month.
He is not very "au fait" with internet issues but asked to be called
back Monday so he could check further, and immediately asked me.

7.99 seems an interesting price, but I cannot find anything about that
offer on the net, nor can I find the limitations, and the catch (there
must be one at that price).

I know that by switching him over to another phone provider I could
probably save him some money, but change comes difficult for him, and
I only want to advise him about the specific broadband offer.

Any comments on this will be very much appreciated.

Lorenz

[L.]

Avoid ! Tell your friend to tell the company to send him the details and
not to answer YES to anything or agree to anything as calls are recorded and
can be used against you/him.
If he is happy leave him to it. He would be better having a BT line and
using one of the cheaper Tiscali services. It depends on what he wants to
use the Internet for, or in this case it sounds more a case of what you want
him to use it for!