Line stats - What speed will I see with MAX?

Old July 1st 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Default Line stats - What speed will I see with MAX?

I have a 2mb connection in my new house and my Draytek 2600 is showing
line stats of:

SNR Margin of 18 - 20 (it fluctuates)
Loop Attenuation of 45.5

This is worse than my last place but I expected this as I'm now a
couple of miles further from the exchange.

What kind of speed would I be able to get if I switched to MAX (up to
8mb).

Start here

http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

Peter Crosland

Old July 1st 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I have a 2mb connection in my new house and my Draytek 2600 is showing
line stats of:

SNR Margin of 18 - 20 (it fluctuates)
Loop Attenuation of 45.5

This is worse than my last place but I expected this as I'm now a
couple of miles further from the exchange.

What kind of speed would I be able to get if I switched to MAX (up to
8mb).

Start here

http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

Peter Crosland

According to your figures (and if I have done it correctly).....

A crude estimate of what your line is capable of is 4562kbps
See if you get the same??

Eric

Old July 1st 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I have a 2mb connection in my new house and my Draytek 2600 is showing
line stats of:

SNR Margin of 18 - 20 (it fluctuates)
Loop Attenuation of 45.5

This is worse than my last place but I expected this as I'm now a
couple of miles further from the exchange.

What kind of speed would I be able to get if I switched to MAX (up to
8mb).

Start here

http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

Peter Crosland

According to your figures (and if I have done it correctly).....

A crude estimate of what your line is capable of is 4562kbps
See if you get the same??

Eric

I have just tried it with the data I had when I was on 1MB. According to
that site, I would get 1765kbps with ADSL Max. I can tell you that I
actually get 4424kbps, which is much better than the prediction. So the
suggestion that the result is crude, could well be correct : ))
Eric