Newbie laptop question - broadband?

Old July 2nd 06, 11:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Newbie laptop question - broadband?

Want to buy laptop - have no access to BT phone line - can I get a
broadband connection?

Thanks, regards, dnw.

Old July 2nd 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

oups.com...

Yes, goto www.mynow.co.uk - wireless Broadband.

Old July 2nd 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
roddy

Piggy back off an agreeable neighbours WiFi router, cable connection if you
are in their area, or WiMax if the service is available locally.
Roddy
oups.com...

Old July 2nd 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

wrote:
Want to buy laptop - have no access to BT phone line - can I get a
broadband connection?

Thanks, regards, dnw.

PS I am in the antarctic in an igloo.
--
huLLy

Old July 2nd 06, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"huLLy" wrote in message
Want to buy laptop - have no access to BT phone line - can I get a
broadband connection?

Thanks, regards, dnw.

PS I am in the antarctic in an igloo.

Then use satellite.

--
huLLy

Old July 2nd 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

PS I am in the antarctic in an igloo.

Then use satellite.

It's snowing.
--
huLLy

Old July 2nd 06, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I like the idea of a 3g gprs card. However, the vodaphone website
doesn't seem to display much help on the subject - most screens are
just blank.

Could I do this a different way perhaps - buy a 3g phone, then get it
to "talk" to a laptop using bluetooth?

Gel wrote:
GPRS CARD?

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...g eID=BS_0112

Old July 2nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"huLLy" wrote in message
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

PS I am in the antarctic in an igloo.

Then use satellite.

It's snowing.

Use the next dish size up (~1m) and go outside and clean the snow off
occaisionally!

--
huLLy

Old July 2nd 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Use the next dish size up (~1m) and go outside and clean the snow off
occaisionally!

That's great for a download, but don't I need a tel line for the upload?

Save it - I'm off to Paris for the week..

--
huLLy
Big K and now the (Sergeant) Fuller Effect - ain't life grand!

another newbie question from another newbie.... Lee uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 May 17th 05 06:10 PM
Another Newbie Question - Broadband and Network set up Laura P uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 4 June 27th 04 12:23 PM
Another Newbie Question - Broadband and Network set up Laura P uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 4 June 27th 04 12:23 PM
Old Laptop Without CD Drive Onto My Network (newbie question) Mark Downey uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) 9 January 31st 04 02:43 AM
wireless access via laptop question. ted_radioham uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 September 1st 03 10:35 AM