NEWS: E7Even no longer providing ADSL service

Old July 3rd 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

Default NEWS: E7Even no longer providing ADSL service

E7Even was one of the cheaper ADSL providers, but operated with a pricing
model that relied on users paying for up to two years in advance. Prior to
December 2005, the service has been reasonable for the price being charged
but problems began to develop seemingly as a result of transferring
customers from one wholesale provider to another over the Christmas period.

Over the last weekend customers trying to access web pages over their E7even
UK connection were redirected to a page informing them that if they wanted
continuity of service they should sign up to a new provider called
ezeedsl.co.uk or face their connections lapsing in the next few weeks and
then pay a connection fee again to get another ADSL connection once the
existing marker tags on the line indicating it has broadband are removed.
Unfortunately it would appear that migration codes are not available, which
is very concerning.

You can read more at http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2714

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne