Voyager 205

Old July 3rd 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default Voyager 205

Can anyone tell me where in the menu on the above modem/router can I find
the line stats, snr and attenuation. I am on adsl Max for over 15 days and
syncing at 8128/448 but only getting download speeds of 170kbps?
Alan

Old July 3rd 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Alan wrote:
Can anyone tell me where in the menu on the above modem/router can I find
the line stats, snr and attenuation. I am on adsl Max for over 15 days and
syncing at 8128/448 but only getting download speeds of 170kbps?
Alan

Should find the info you need he-
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Kind Regards,

Old July 3rd 06, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan J. Flavell

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Alan wrote:

Can anyone tell me where in the menu on the above modem/router can I find
the line stats, snr and attenuation.

In the telnet interface, you go "get dsl params"

With the web interface, you go "Troubleshooting" then "Advanced
Diagnostics" then "DSL Param".

I am on adsl Max for over 15 days and syncing at 8128/448

lucky you...

but only getting download speeds of 170kbps?

Where did you measure that, just to be specific?

But the router stats aren't going to throw any light on that.

You could try the BT speed test. Plusnet have documentation here, but
it's not plusnet-specific, so you ought to be able to try it. Bit of
a chore to set up, but at least it would help you to localise the
bottleneck.

Old July 3rd 06, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Alan J. Flavell wrote:
snip
You could try the BT speed test. Plusnet have documentation here, but
it's not plusnet-specific, so you ought to be able to try it. Bit of
a chore to set up, but at least it would help you to localise the
bottleneck.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

Regards,

Old July 3rd 06, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

I have been using the adsl guide speedtest but never got above 1.7meg, was a
bit better when I was on a 2 meg connection. Will try the BT speedtest and
see what that gives me.
Thanks for all your help.
Alan

"Alan J. Flavell" wrote in message
. gla.ac.uk...

Old July 4th 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan J. Flavell

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Alan J. Flavell wrote:
snip
You could try the BT speed test. Plusnet have documentation here,
but it's not plusnet-specific, so you ought to be able to try it.
Bit of a chore to set up, but at least it would help you to
localise the bottleneck.

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

Oops, I definitely had that URL on my clipboard :-{

ta.

--

'I esculated at Plusnet' - author's name omitted to spare blushes