Reliable VoIP service, with no voicemail!

Old July 4th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Reliable VoIP service, with no voicemail!

I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!

voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.

I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so
incoming calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like
another... as a further back up
Old July 4th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Sean" wrote in message
I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!

voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.

I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so incoming
calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like another...
as a further back up

erm, use a Sipgate trunk & turn VM off.

Old July 4th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:
"Sean" wrote in message
I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!

voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.

I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so incoming
calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like another...
as a further back up

erm, use a Sipgate trunk & turn VM off.

Suppose, they are getting better with reliably now.
Old July 4th 06, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

andy used his keyboard to write :
Sean wrote:
I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!

voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.

I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so
incoming calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like
another... as a further back up

Does this mean you are devising your own callback platform?

He's already implemented it, AFAIA, using [email protected]

If it's going to busy and uncharged, then any country number would do
presumably, so there's a wide field, or a UK 0560? Would most
providers enable you to switch VM off?

It would work with any inbound number, though just to avoid being
charged for any "network messages" indicating the number cannot be
reached, it's safer to use a number for the country you're actually in.

UK 0560 numbers cannot be called by all networks..

Are there advantages in doing this, over using proprietary callback
methods - or have I got the wrong idea about what you intend?

What other proprietary callback methods are you thinking of.

I suppose /I've/ set mine up, purely for the sake of it.

Old July 4th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Sean wrote:
I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!

voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.

I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so
incoming calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like
another... as a further back up

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/asterisk.php ?

peter

Old July 4th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

Jono wrote:
andy used his keyboard to write :
Does this mean you are devising your own callback platform?

He's already implemented it, AFAIA, using [email protected]

I thought it a bit sounded like that - forgive my naivety

If it's going to busy and uncharged, then any country number would do
presumably, so there's a wide field, or a UK 0560? Would most
providers enable you to switch VM off?

It would work with any inbound number, though just to avoid being
charged for any "network messages" indicating the number cannot be
reached, it's safer to use a number for the country you're actually in.

UK 0560 numbers cannot be called by all networks..

from abroad, I suppose not

Are there advantages in doing this, over using proprietary callback
methods - or have I got the wrong idea about what you intend?

What other proprietary callback methods are you thinking of.

providers with ANI and DID callback trigger numbers, sms triggers, wap,
web-based, etc

I realise that using your home system means a wider choice of call
providers (and tariffs) though, including those that don't have their
own callback system ...

Old July 4th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Peter Gradwell has brought this to us :
Sean wrote:
I need a VoIP service that works, without any voicemail service!

voipuser.org and FWD are what i have been using, both are down very often.

I need it without voice mail, as it's for a callback request, so incoming
calls are rejected, but i don't want them to be charged.

Dont think there are many, voip.co.uk is one, but i would like another...
as a further back up

http://www.gradwell.com/voip/asterisk.php ?

peter

.........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in his wish list!

Old July 4th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 04/07/2006, andy supposed :

UK 0560 numbers cannot be called by all networks..

from abroad, I suppose not

Nor from many domestic NTL/Telewest lines & some mobiles.

Old July 4th 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in his wish list!

Yes i did!

I am not intending on paying for it

And, using my own call back, i can call from my landline, or can make
calls from what appears to be my landline.

So i can actually call 1471 from my mobile and see who has been calling
the PSTN line , dont think you can do that on 'other' call backs
Old July 4th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean submitted this idea :
Jono wrote:

........I think he missed off "no monthly rental" in his wish list!

Yes i did!

I am not intending on paying for it

And, using my own call back, i can call from my landline, or can make calls
from what appears to be my landline.

So i can actually call 1471 from my mobile and see who has been calling the
PSTN line , dont think you can do that on 'other' call backs

Exactly.

Have you sussed out how to use *69 when you've dialled in. Asterisk
politely informs me that an Unknown caller called.