NEWS: Expect ntl:Telewest to rebrand to Virgin early in 2007

Old July 4th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

Default NEWS: Expect ntl:Telewest to rebrand to Virgin early in 2007

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2717
While lots of providers are moving into the double-play area, and a smaller
number toying with triple-play, the ntl:Telewest group is pushing to be a
quadruple-play operator in 2007. To that extent it has now announced
completion of the acquisition of Virgin Mobile, which also carries a
licensing arrangement to allow the group to retail services under a Virgin
brand. The full press release is on www.ntl.com.

At this time the schedule is for the ntl:Telewest group to start to market a
single set of services under the Virgin brand name sometime in the early
part of 2007. This will mean that cable TV, fixed telephone lines, broadband
and mobile telephones will come together in bundles, and with roughly 50% of
households in an ntl:Telewest coverage area represents a strong competitor
to the various other players looking to create one-bill type bundles.

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne

Old July 5th 06, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Jul 2006, "Who me?" wrote:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2717

While lots of providers are moving into the double-play area, ...

Why the selective "reporting" ? I see you have made posts about some of
the stories appearing on ADSL Guide but not all that have come online in
the last month (or even the last 3 days, for that matter). Would it not
be easier for people interested in news on the broadband front to go see
http://www.adslguide.org and a few other websites ? How come you left
out the price of Tiscali shares being suspended when they increased by a
fairly hefty 10% in a day (in Italy, and based on news that Orange might
be interested in taking over AOL UK)...

Of course some of the news items found on UK-BUG or news4now etc is just
a rehash of the words and a link to the original source, but a good tool
to do some searching will normally find a number of topical posts. PGM.