Skype: Can you recommend a good headphone set an advise me?

Old July 5th 06, 06:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
KarlB

Default Skype: Can you recommend a good headphone set an advise me?

Hi all,

I was going to go with BT Broadband Talk but I read a lot of good
things about Skype. Can you recommend a good headphone set?

Also I take it there is no way to use a regular phone with Skype. Is
that correct?

I have one person I currently telephone in the USA on a daily basis,
sometimes over 2 hours a day. I currently use call18866.co.uk, but even
that gets a little pricey over time.

Are there any other VOIP option you can recommend that allows the use
of a regular telephone?

Thanks for any assistance.
Karl

Old July 5th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Well, for a 2 hour call to the USA, it's cheaper with BTBBT than skype.
Old July 5th 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Sean:
KarlB wrote:

Well, for a 2 hour call to the USA, it's cheaper with BTBBT than
skype.

With Skype being one of the dearest providers, that's not surprising.

http://paygmobile.at/seb For 38 total credit use referral 07962461234
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old July 5th 06, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 09:55:36 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh Sean:
KarlB wrote:

Well, for a 2 hour call to the USA, it's cheaper with BTBBT than
skype.

With Skype being one of the dearest providers, that's not surprising.

Yes, don't waste your time and money on Skype - go for a proper Voip
set up. You can get an ATA quite cheaply now and use your standard
phones on it. Lots of providers to choose from. Why bother with Noddy
phone when you can have Superman phone :-)
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 5th 06, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Beds

Well I was thinking Skype to Skype. No charge there - is there?

Thanks

Old July 5th 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Beds wrote:
Well I was thinking Skype to Skype. No charge there - is there?

Thanks

No there is not.

Also, if you get a ATA in two locations, or a ATA and a softphone, or
two softphones (all of which are SIP compatable) then you can make free
VoIP calls between users here.

Skype allows you to call other Skype users for free... But SIP
computable open providers allow you to call other SIP users for free.

FWD, sipgate, voipfone, voipuser, voiptalk, gossiptel are just some of
top of my head
Old July 5th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Beds" wrote in message
oups.com
Well I was thinking Skype to Skype. No charge there - is
there?

Thanks

No charge for calls on any provider if it is to another user on the same
system.

Ivor

Old July 5th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:31:38 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Beds" wrote in message
roups.com
Well I was thinking Skype to Skype. No charge there - is
there?

Thanks

No charge for calls on any provider if it is to another user on the same
system.

Ivor

..
Even more, no charge to most other providers either if you use
Sipbroker.
Sorry but I am a SIP VOIP snob...I've used Skype but I don't take it
seriously.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 5th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Wik Ed" wrote in message

On 4 Jul 2006 22:11:38 -0700, "KarlB"
, wrote:

I was going to go with BT Broadband Talk but I read a
lot of good things about Skype. Can you recommend a
good headphone set?

Skype to Skype is free anywhere in the world.

Any user on any SIP provider to any user on the same or many others with
peering, wherever in the world they are located. I take my SPA-1001 with
me to the USA and Germany and it works fine.

Why limit yourself to a system that requires a PC to be on..? Ok maybe if
you're in a hotel room with a laptop but not if you're where you may not
be able to leave a PC on all the time.

Ivor

Old July 5th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jon Farmer

Ivor Jones wrote:
Any user on any SIP provider to any user on the same or many others with
peering, wherever in the world they are located. I take my SPA-1001 with
me to the USA and Germany and it works fine.

Why limit yourself to a system that requires a PC to be on..? Ok maybe if
you're in a hotel room with a laptop but not if you're where you may not
be able to leave a PC on all the time.

I have a Zyxel P2000 W which I can use at the airport, pub, McDoanlds,
in the city ........... and sometimes I even pay for the bandwidth :-)

Jon