Slow page access

Old July 5th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Livewire

Default Slow page access

I've just set up a wireless network using Edimax 108mps router and
adapters.

It works great, except that if I do a Google search and then click on a
link, then sometimes a "page cannot be displayed" error comes up.

If I go back to the search results and click another couple of times, it
eventually works.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

I do have a firewall, anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc; and I've set up
security on the wireless system, so presumably all of these might be
contributing!
Old July 5th 06, 11:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , Livewire
says...

I've just set up a wireless network using Edimax 108mps router and
adapters.

It works great, except that if I do a Google search and then click on a
link, then sometimes a "page cannot be displayed" error comes up.

If I go back to the search results and click another couple of times, it
eventually works.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Is this when you've not looked at a new page for a few minutes? Could
be the idle connection timing out so it drops the connection, restarts
it when you request a new page and the time taken is the time it takes
to log on to your ISP. The manual should tell you how to alter the
timeout to make it an "always on" connection.

Also try altering the MTU setting on the router for the ADSL
connection. AFAIR, it defaults to 1500. TRy 1472.

--
Conor
Sig under construction. Please check back when Duke Nukem Forever ships

Cashback on online purchases:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm