Noisy Line

Old July 5th 06, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave P

Default Noisy Line

My phone line has suddenly got very noisy. At the same time our broadband
has not managed to stay connected. BT says no fault with line.

I've isolated the problem to our Belkin F5D7630-4A wireless router. When
plugged in via its filter our phone line is noisy. When unplugged its not.
I've changed the swapped the filters around and have tried 2 brands and 5
filters. The noise problem still persists.

Any ideas?

Dave

--
"Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is interesting. What they
conceal is vital. "

Old July 5th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Dave P" wrote in message
My phone line has suddenly got very noisy. At the same time our broadband
has not managed to stay connected. BT says no fault with line.

I've isolated the problem to our Belkin F5D7630-4A wireless router. When
plugged in via its filter our phone line is noisy. When unplugged its not.
I've changed the swapped the filters around and have tried 2 brands and 5
filters. The noise problem still persists.

Any ideas?

Locate the router and particularly its aerial away from telephone cables.

If no joy then borrow another router from a friend. If that works scrap the
Belkin and buy another.

Dave