provider for uploads

Old July 5th 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

Default provider for uploads

wrote in message
: I'm a newbie, I need to get Broadband but I will need to upload rather
: more than download, because I make podcasts. Is any provider likely to
: be better, or cheaper or faster than another. I don't want to get a
: phone and broadband package; I have a very good phone deal on a BT
: provided line.
:
: take the dog out before replying.
:

I think most ISP will include your upload in any bandwidth allowance,the
best thing to do- work out how much you are going to use then go from there.

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old July 5th 06, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:13:05 UTC, "Joker7" wrote:

I think most ISP will include your upload in any bandwidth allowance,the
best thing to do- work out how much you are going to use then go from there.

Most, but certainly not all; look back a few days for a thread about
this. Two ISPs that come to mind are AAISP and Zen.

http://www.broadbandbanter.com
Old July 5th 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 5 Jul 2006, "Joker7" wrote:

I think most ISP will include your upload in any bandwidth allowance,the
best thing to do- work out how much you are going to use then go from there.

From recent thread ("Calculating broadband usage ...") about this, these ISPs
may have accounts which don't log upstream traffic against quotas:

AAISP, Nildram, NDO/Namesco, Zen