9 Mins and then you have to reconnect

Old July 5th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Al

Default 9 Mins and then you have to reconnect

has anyone else had this problem?
I have BT Broadband and when downloading anything (the actual server does
not matter, as it happens on all of them) after 9 mins the d/l goes from
50KBPs to 0 and then I have to stop the D?L and reconnect. Immediately the
connection goes back up to say, 55KBPs and then after around nine mins,
again it drops out.

Anyone else having this or had it and found a solution BTi are no use
whatsoever.

Old July 5th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Al

Check your settings, probably disconnect after 10 mins inactivity...

Its been fine up to now.
Which settings (I am using Win XP SP2 ands Zone Alarm) should I be looking
at? I have had a look and none of them have a time set on them

TIA

Old July 5th 06, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 5-Jul-2006, "R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

Immediately the
connection goes back up to say, 55KBPs and then after around nine mins,
again it drops out.

Anyone else having this or had it and found a solution BTi are no use
whatsoever.

Check your settings, probably disconnect after 10 mins inactivity...

Still got dialup, if so does dialup show the same 9 mins cutoff?

DHCP lease time?
Old July 5th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Al

wrote in message

On 5-Jul-2006, "R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

Immediately the
connection goes back up to say, 55KBPs and then after around nine mins,
again it drops out.

Anyone else having this or had it and found a solution BTi are no use
whatsoever.

Check your settings, probably disconnect after 10 mins inactivity...

Still got dialup, if so does dialup show the same 9 mins cutoff?

DHCP lease time?

No, no dial up now on system