Aol Silver Broadband - too good to be true ???!!!

Old July 5th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Aol Silver Broadband - too good to be true ???!!!

Hi there,
My sis has been with AOL for quite some time now and is still on
dialup. She's been sent info on "AOL Silver Broadband" 1Mb d/l speed,
for 9.99 / month, unlimited d/l and time online with free modem +
cables thrown in. The offer sounds too good to be true. Is there some
hidden connection charge that she may get suprised with ? And will they
give a modem or a wireless router ? On the sign up page they require
that your machine has an Ethernet port ( hence Network card) so I
assume they will send a wireless router so does you NIC have to be
wireless compatible. The offer overall sounds very enticing but she is
vary vary of any hidden extras or upgrading of hardware, which as you
know females can find intimidating.

Cheers !

Hustler

Old July 5th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher

"Xeonwales" wrote in message
Spack wrote:
wrote on 5 Jul 2006 08:34:06 -0700:

Hi there,
My sis has been with AOL for quite some time now and is still on
dialup. She's been sent info on "AOL Silver Broadband" 1Mb d/l speed,
for 9.99 / month, unlimited d/l and time online with free modem +
cables thrown in. The offer sounds too good to be true. Is there some
hidden connection charge that she may get suprised with ? And will they
give a modem or a wireless router ? On the sign up page they require
that your machine has an Ethernet port ( hence Network card) so I
assume they will send a wireless router so does you NIC have to be
wireless compatible. The offer overall sounds very enticing but she is
vary vary of any hidden extras or upgrading of hardware, which as you
know females can find intimidating.

If I saw an ad saying an Ethernet port is required I'd assume it was a
wired router.

Dan

Get all this included with Broadband Silver:

- FREE wireless router (worth over 55)
- FREE connection
- McAfee Personal Firewall Plus
- Download speeds up to 1Mbps
- One month FREE when you order online

The only thing that you would need an Ethernet cable for is to install their
HORRIBLE software.

Old July 5th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

Ivor

Old July 5th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Ivor Jones wrote:
If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

Ivor

No it isnt. My Tivo, my Ipod, all seemed too good to be true, all turned out
to live up to their expectations.

Gaz

Old July 5th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Gaz pretended :
Ivor Jones wrote:
If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

Ivor

No it isnt. My Tivo, my Ipod, all seemed too good to be true, all turned out
to live up to their expectations.

Gaz

Ah but surely that means they /weren't/ too good to be true.....;-)
therefore not disproving Ivor's theory?

Old July 5th 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Jono wrote:
Gaz pretended :
Ivor Jones wrote:
If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

Ivor

No it isnt. My Tivo, my Ipod, all seemed too good to be true, all turned
out
to live up to their expectations.

Gaz

Ah but surely that means they /weren't/ too good to be true.....;-)
therefore not disproving Ivor's theory?

Now then, dont you go and bring logic into this.......

Gaz

Old July 7th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jaxtraw

Gaz wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

Ivor

No it isnt. My Tivo, my Ipod, all seemed too good to be true, all
turned out to live up to their expectations.

Gaz

What seemed too good to be true about a video recorder and a walkman?

Ian

Old July 7th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Jaxtraw wrote:
Gaz wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

Ivor

No it isnt. My Tivo, my Ipod, all seemed too good to be true, all
turned out to live up to their expectations.

Gaz

What seemed too good to be true about a video recorder and a walkman?

Ian

Tivo said it would change my life, it did. The Ipod said i could carry my
entire cd collection in my back pocket, and I can.

Gaz