Linksys SPA3000... brilliant!!

Old July 5th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wira One

Default Linksys SPA3000... brilliant!!

Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
pstn-voip and voip-pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
help from Brian A and the rest.. !!
Old July 5th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:52:05 GMT, Wira One
wrote:

Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
pstn-voip and voip-pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

Pleased you got it working !!!

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 5th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

wrote:

Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
pstn-voip and voip-pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

Pleased you got it working !!!

Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.
Old July 5th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
pstn-voip and voip-pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

Pleased you got it working !!!

Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

So, what's the problem?

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 6th 06, 12:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

wrote:

Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
pstn-voip and voip-pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
help from Brian A and the rest.. !!
Pleased you got it working !!!

Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

So, what's the problem?

2 things mainly, when a call comes in from the PSTN, it will only switch
to asterisk if I have PSTN CID For VoIP CID unset (so no CallerID) and
for outgoing calls I can't get it to consistenly reproduce DTMF tones.

This is all with firmware 3.1.10 and asterisk 1.2.9.1.
Old July 6th 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

Sadly I am not an Asterisk expert so can't make any comments of real
substance.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 6th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

wrote:

2 things mainly, when a call comes in from the PSTN, it will only switch
to asterisk if I have PSTN CID For VoIP CID unset (so no CallerID) and
for outgoing calls I can't get it to consistenly reproduce DTMF tones.

This is all with firmware 3.1.10 and asterisk 1.2.9.1.

Sadly I am not an Asterisk expert so can't make any comments of real
substance.

From what I can see, the sip uri changes from [email protected] to
[email protected], and asterisk can't authenticate the call.
Old July 6th 06, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

Thomas, Nerdvittles tutorial for setting up the SPA3000 on
[email protected] was the only one that worked for me. I also tried 2 other
"working" setups that just wouldn't work for me.....

The tutorial could probably be adapted to a "pure" asterisk
installation.
If you haven't tried it, see: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

Old July 7th 06, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy E

"paul123" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

Thomas, Nerdvittles tutorial for setting up the SPA3000 on
[email protected] was the only one that worked for me. I also tried 2 other
"working" setups that just wouldn't work for me.....

The tutorial could probably be adapted to a "pure" asterisk
installation.
If you haven't tried it, see: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

Sorry about the "blond" question, but can you give a novice a little info on
what this product does please?

I am in UK and have used Skype through a headset etc etc and quite pleased
with results for 1.2p/min to uk landlines to save a few pennies.

Wondering what the next stage is, and can anyone give my some basic starting
tips and info.

many thanks and sorry not too techo here lol

AE

Old July 7th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:05:49 +0100, "Andy E"
wrote:

"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

Thomas, Nerdvittles tutorial for setting up the SPA3000 on
[email protected] was the only one that worked for me. I also tried 2 other
"working" setups that just wouldn't work for me.....

The tutorial could probably be adapted to a "pure" asterisk
installation.
If you haven't tried it, see: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

Sorry about the "blond" question, but can you give a novice a little info on
what this product does please?

I am in UK and have used Skype through a headset etc etc and quite pleased
with results for 1.2p/min to uk landlines to save a few pennies.

Wondering what the next stage is, and can anyone give my some basic starting
tips and info.

many thanks and sorry not too techo here lol

Take a look at
www.voip-info.org
read the forums at
www.voxilla.com

All you need for SIP voip is an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA).
You plug the ATA into your router and ordinary tlephones into the ATA.
The computer is only required in setting up the ATA. Once that is done
no ATA is required. You then have a choice of many hundreds of
providers, world wide, to route your calls - not stuck with one as
with Skype.
Make sure that you buy an UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
locked one for example.
Check out voip.co.uk, voipfone.co.uk,voiptalk.org

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.