Fire in exchange Chatham

Old July 5th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Bob Eager

Default Fire in exchange Chatham

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 18:30:04 UTC, "We Are Devo!"
wrote:

Info from Plusnet service mail.

Fire has damaged a BT exchange at Chatham causing problems for phone,
mobile phone, internet and broadband users across the Medway area.

The affected area code is 01624.

That would be 01634, surely?

BT said it had to wait until it was safe for its people to gain access
to the affected area to begin repairs because of the impact of the fire.

--
Bob Eager
begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!
Old July 5th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:22:59 UTC, "We Are Devo!"
wrote:

on 05/07/2006 at 20:52:44 Bob Eager wrote:

That would be 01634, surely?

I did say the source was from Plusnet.
Sorry if it is incorrect

Don't apologise. I expected the error to be PlusNet's!

Old July 6th 06, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Mamma

wrote:

on 05/07/2006 at 20:52:44 Bob Eager wrote:

That would be 01634, surely?

I did say the source was from Plusnet.
Sorry if it is incorrect

Don't apologise. I expected the error to be PlusNet's!

I had heard that it wasn't actually the Chatham exchange but instead the
Bluebell Hill exchange in Medway that was affected.

Old July 6th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
dave @ stejonda

In message , Bob Eager
writes
I had heard that it wasn't actually the Chatham exchange but instead the
Bluebell Hill exchange in Medway that was affected.

Still 01634!

01622 perhaps

--
dave @ stejonda

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. Anne Frank
Old July 6th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Paul Cupis

Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:43:46 UTC, Joe Mamma wrote:
I had heard that it wasn't actually the Chatham exchange but instead the
Bluebell Hill exchange in Medway that was affected.

Still 01634!

According to BT Wholesale is it Bluebell Hill exchange and the affected
area code is 01634.
Old July 6th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

wrote:

on 05/07/2006 at 20:52:44 Bob Eager wrote:

That would be 01634, surely?

I did say the source was from Plusnet.
Sorry if it is incorrect

Don't apologise. I expected the error to be PlusNet's!

Errr, that was my fault *turns a subtle shade of crimson* I misquoted
the number internally and it made it out to service status. I've only
just realised the error after reading this thread. The content itself
though was lifted directly from a BT Wholesale briefing that I received
early yesterday evening.

Regards,

Old July 7th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Robin Fairbairns

PlusNet Support Team writes:
Errr, that was my fault *turns a subtle shade of crimson*

interesting. i didn't think crimson included _subtle_ shades.

I misquoted the number internally and it made it out to service status.

typical. it's always the case when the people doing the publicity
don't know what they're talking about...
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge
Old July 7th 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Partridge

In article , PlusNet
Support Team writes
wrote:

on 05/07/2006 at 20:52:44 Bob Eager wrote:

That would be 01634, surely?
I did say the source was from Plusnet.
Sorry if it is incorrect

Don't apologise. I expected the error to be PlusNet's!

Errr, that was my fault *turns a subtle shade of crimson* I misquoted
the number internally and it made it out to service status. I've only
just realised the error after reading this thread. The content itself
though was lifted directly from a BT Wholesale briefing that I received
early yesterday evening.

Regards,

Bl**dy hell!
A timely response from one of the Plusnet Team!

They must all be on Usenet, hence no responses on the portal support
system. ;-}

(Sorry Bob, but service is a bit dire of late!)
Philip Partridge
Old July 8th 06, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
sean

The Register done a nice article on this
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07...exchange_fire/