NEWS: Netservices statement on E7Even Limited

Old July 5th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Who me?

Default NEWS: Netservices statement on E7Even Limited

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2719
E7Even users are scrabbling around for information, and Netservices has
published a statement that outlines its position. The full statement can be
read here(http://www.netservicesplc.com/pr_e7even.php). We covered the
original walled garden issue on Monday 3rd July.
The E7Even customers who had a service provisioned using the wholesale
services from Netservices are now being told to contact the provider
www.ezeedsl.co.uk and in particular to read the providers FAQ. The two
choices for existing E7even users, is to sign up with EzeeDSL or wait until
July 14th when the ADSL service on the line will be ceased.

The E7even section of our forums shows a lot of unhappy customers are trying
to contact Ofcom and are desperate to try and obtain a migration
authorisation code (MAC) to allow them to go to a provider of their own
choice. One problem is that currently there is no obligation for any
provider to supply a MAC, and there are no pre-defined procedures for what
should happen in situations like this. The situation with E7Even is more
complex than some previous situations like this, due to the use of multiple
wholesale providers

--
"Off all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most."
~ Ozzy Osbourne