Isle of Man numbers

Old July 5th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Solario

Default Isle of Man numbers

AT7028.LYNNE113.REPORT

Is anyone aware of a VoIP Telco with available Isle of Man (01624)
telephone numbers?

Thanks

Adrian.

Old July 5th 06, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Solario wrote:
Is anyone aware of a VoIP Telco with available Isle of Man (01624)
telephone numbers?

I believe that Isle of Man telephone number ranges can only be assigned
to telecoms companies operating on the Isle of Man - not many companies
fall user this requirement, so only a few telcos have this numbers.

Sorry, I can't directly answer your question though.
Old July 6th 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Solario wrote:
AT7028.LYNNE113.REPORT

Is anyone aware of a VoIP Telco with available Isle of Man (01624)
telephone numbers?

my understanding, as we have a number of similar customers, is that
there are no telcos in the uk with isle of man numbers.

cheers
peter

Old July 6th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Peter Gradwell" wrote in message

Solario wrote:
AT7028.LYNNE113.REPORT

Is anyone aware of a VoIP Telco with available Isle of
Man (01624) telephone numbers?

my understanding, as we have a number of similar
customers, is that there are no telcos in the uk with
isle of man numbers.
cheers
peter

As Paul mentioned, I think you have to have a physical presence there. A
business opportunity for someone, perhaps..?!

Ivor

Old July 6th 06, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

These guys claim they can provide (or should that be provision) one for GBP2
pm

http://www.aql.com/telecoms/site/low...en-numbers.php

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 6th 06, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Graham. wrote:
These guys claim they can provide (or should that be provision) one for GBP2
pm

http://www.aql.com/telecoms/site/low...en-numbers.php

The numbers they show on their website are from the range 0162474,
which, according to Ofcom, are Free (i.e. not allocated to any operator).

I'm obviously missing something here - any clues?
Old July 6th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Solario

Graham. wrote:
These guys claim they can provide (or should that be provision) one for GBP2
pm

http://www.aql.com/telecoms/site/low...en-numbers.php

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

To quote Pop Larkin "Perfick".

Thanks

S.

Old July 6th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Solario wrote:
Graham. wrote:
These guys claim they can provide (or should that be provision) one for GBP2
pm

http://www.aql.com/telecoms/site/low...en-numbers.php

To quote Pop Larkin "Perfick".

Please let me know how you get on, and what number range your numbers
end up in (and that they work).

Thanks.
Old July 6th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Solario

Paul Cupis wrote:
Solario wrote:
Graham. wrote:
These guys claim they can provide (or should that be provision) one for GBP2
pm

http://www.aql.com/telecoms/site/low...en-numbers.php

To quote Pop Larkin "Perfick".

Please let me know how you get on, and what number range your numbers
end up in (and that they work).

Thanks.

Will Co. So far not so good. I went to their site and was offered a
choice of numbers. This seemed very good and I chose a number in the
01624 744 range.

Then I started setting up my account details. When I tried to
register, the site responded that it could not verify my details and
soemone would be in touch. I'm still waiting. It is has only been a
couple of hours so I guess I need to be patient!

The web site also says they will send a password by SMS. I don't have
SMS capability so I'm curious to see what happens in that respect.

My son is about to start work in Douglas in the banking sector. I very
much want for him to be able to contact me, in the US, easily.

S.

Old July 7th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Ivor Jones wrote:
As Paul mentioned, I think you have to have a physical presence there. A
business opportunity for someone, perhaps..?!

Talk to:

http://wimanx.com/

They do voip services in the Isle of Man over their WiMax network, but
worth asking if they can provide numbers over SIP.

Tim