MaxDSL - drop outs every few minutes ???

Old July 6th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

Default MaxDSL - drop outs every few minutes ???

This can't be right surely ? Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for a few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Old July 6th 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dudley

yip mine did the same, just give it some time

Old July 6th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

www.amstereoradio.info wrote:
This can't be right surely ? Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and
the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again
for a few mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Yep just stick with it a few more days, it's all part of the self
training of the exchange equipment. Mine did it for a couple of days
at the very begining, but I did have more problems as it progressed
which hopefully you won't get..

Old July 6th 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Sherunkle

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:47:25 +0100, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

This can't be right surely ? Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for a few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Mine was worse - no usable service at all for the first three days,
but now I have a good connection at around 7000.

--
Bob
Old July 6th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

wrote:

This can't be right surely ? Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for a
few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Mine was worse - no usable service at all for the first three days,
but now I have a good connection at around 7000.

Oh well thanks guys that's interesting to know, wondering what was going on
here! ...Very starnge all this after having a 100% stable dsl connection for
the last few years, don't quite underdtand why the 'training' period should
take so long but there you go

Old July 6th 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

www.amstereoradio.info wrote:
"Bob Sherunkle" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:47:25 +0100, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

This can't be right surely ?

Why not?

Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for a
few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Mine was worse - no usable service at all for the first three days,
but now I have a good connection at around 7000.

Oh well thanks guys that's interesting to know, wondering what was going on
here! ...Very starnge all this after having a 100% stable dsl connection for
the last few years, don't quite underdtand why the 'training' period should
take so long but there you go

Well that is how the service works, and that is the product you bought -
maybe you should have checked what you were buying?
Old July 6th 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
www.amstereoradio.info wrote:
"Bob Sherunkle" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:47:25 +0100, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

This can't be right surely ?

Why not?

Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for
few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Mine was worse - no usable service at all for the first three days,
but now I have a good connection at around 7000.

Oh well thanks guys that's interesting to know, wondering what was going
on
here! ...Very starnge all this after having a 100% stable dsl connection
for
the last few years, don't quite underdtand why the 'training' period
should
take so long but there you go

Well that is how the service works, and that is the product you bought -
maybe you should have checked what you were buying?

You live and learn, now I know!

Old July 6th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Paul Cupis wrote:

Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for a
few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Mine was worse - no usable service at all for the first three days,
but now I have a good connection at around 7000.

Oh well thanks guys that's interesting to know, wondering what was going on
here! ...Very starnge all this after having a 100% stable dsl connection for
the last few years, don't quite underdtand why the 'training' period should
take so long but there you go

Well that is how the service works, and that is the product you bought -
maybe you should have checked what you were buying?

A little unfair - neither of the ISP's we use (AAISP & Mistral) were
aware of exactly how the training period was going to operate. And in
fact few of our circuits, when upgrade to MaxDSL showed these kinds of
problems anyway.
Old July 6th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

"Colin Forrester" wrote in message
Paul Cupis wrote:

[...]

I have a feeling this drop out problem will contiune I hope I am wrong !
Still happening though just found out I have a freephone dial up
service included with my maxdsl 'deal' so might have to use this for the
next week or so :-(
Lovely 4kb/s downloads et all

Old July 6th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Davies

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
www.amstereoradio.info wrote:
"Bob Sherunkle" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:47:25 +0100, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

This can't be right surely ?

Why not?

Day 3 of a new MaxDSL connection and the
connection is still dropping out every few mins then back in again for
few
mins. Anyone experienced EXACTLY the same situation ?

Mine was worse - no usable service at all for the first three days,
but now I have a good connection at around 7000.

Oh well thanks guys that's interesting to know, wondering what was going
on
here! ...Very starnge all this after having a 100% stable dsl connection
for
the last few years, don't quite underdtand why the 'training' period
should
take so long but there you go

Well that is how the service works, and that is the product you bought -
maybe you should have checked what you were buying?

Oh what an idiot - a completely useless answer but you just felt the need to
post a message. If you have nothing to contribute, don't bother.