eTec PT3810 firmware upgrade successful

Old July 6th 06, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
markp

Default eTec PT3810 firmware upgrade successful

Hi All,

This is for information purposes for others who may have the same issue.

I've just upgraded the firmware in my eTec PT3810 router, if you email
support @ etec . components . uk (remove the spaces!) they'll point you to
a link to download the lastest firmware. You'll need to create a bootable CD
and use the USB port to do it, but it's quite painless and instructions are
clear.

Just for the record, I was using firmware Customer Software Version
080902_REL9J. This has some issues with half bridge mode where the PPP
connection kept dropping out. The version I have now is 4.1.0.21_F (
Firmware Version CX82xxx_4.1.021_S ) and seems to be stable in half bridge
mode as well as full NAT routing mode.

Search engine clues:
router modem ADSL eTec PT3810 PT38xx Conexant firmware upgrade half bridge
PPP problem

Mark.

Old July 6th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
markp

"markp" wrote in message
support @ etec . components . uk (remove the spaces!) they'll point you

Oops, make that support @ etec-components . co . uk