Sipgate Offline

Old July 6th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

Default Sipgate Offline

Hi

Got my PAP2T today.
Took about 10 minutes to get is configured so I can make outgoing
calls using sipgate. Works well and is nice and clear.
I cannot receive any incoming calls (they all go to voicemail). I have
temporarily enabled all ports through the firewall to the PAP box to
check this is not the problem (I will find out how to restrict this
later). I do not use NAT.
On my sipgate home page it shows my device as offline.
Maybe I set this to offline myself but if so I cannot find the setting
to put it online.
Any ideas?

--
Thx.
PajaP
Old July 6th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:36:09 +0100, PajaP
wrote:

Hi

Got my PAP2T today.
Took about 10 minutes to get is configured so I can make outgoing
calls using sipgate. Works well and is nice and clear.
I cannot receive any incoming calls (they all go to voicemail). I have
temporarily enabled all ports through the firewall to the PAP box to
check this is not the problem (I will find out how to restrict this
later). I do not use NAT.
On my sipgate home page it shows my device as offline.
Maybe I set this to offline myself but if so I cannot find the setting
to put it online.
Any ideas?

Well it seems I can receive calls but the line is not ringing.
Guess I better look at the settings again.
Still not sure why sipgate shows it as offline though.

--
PajaP
Old July 6th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

PajaP formulated the question :
Hi

Got my PAP2T today.
Took about 10 minutes to get is configured so I can make outgoing
calls using sipgate. Works well and is nice and clear.
I cannot receive any incoming calls (they all go to voicemail). I have
temporarily enabled all ports through the firewall to the PAP box to
check this is not the problem (I will find out how to restrict this
later). I do not use NAT.
On my sipgate home page it shows my device as offline.
Maybe I set this to offline myself but if so I cannot find the setting
to put it online.
Any ideas?

It's OK here.

The Sipgate website isn't live data WRT being online. It only shows the
status at the moment you log in to the site.

Old July 6th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:47:55 +0100, PajaP
wrote:

Well it seems I can receive calls but the line is not ringing.
Guess I better look at the settings again.
Still not sure why sipgate shows it as offline though.

Sipgate 'Home' page shows my account as online now.
I have also just tied an old and simple phone and this does ring.
Looks like it is a problem with my Panasonic DECT phone.
Now this is going to be a right PITA if I cannot get this working.
I am not prepared to spend out on another phone just to get this
working.
May send the PAP back and buy a standalone VoIP phone.

--
PajaP
Old July 6th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:50:10 +0100, Jono
wrote:

PajaP formulated the question :
Hi

Got my PAP2T today.
Took about 10 minutes to get is configured so I can make outgoing
calls using sipgate. Works well and is nice and clear.
I cannot receive any incoming calls (they all go to voicemail). I have
temporarily enabled all ports through the firewall to the PAP box to
check this is not the problem (I will find out how to restrict this
later). I do not use NAT.
On my sipgate home page it shows my device as offline.
Maybe I set this to offline myself but if so I cannot find the setting
to put it online.
Any ideas?

It's OK here.

The Sipgate website isn't live data WRT being online. It only shows the
status at the moment you log in to the site.

Thanks. That explains it

--
PajaP
Old July 6th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

wrote:

Well it seems I can receive calls but the line is not ringing.
Guess I better look at the settings again.
Still not sure why sipgate shows it as offline though.

Sort of got this working now.
The setting I changed was
Ring Waveform: Trapezoid
It was set to Sinusoid.

I don't like the ring tone much but I reckon this must be changeable
too.
just glad it is ringing for now.

--
PajaP

Old July 7th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh PajaP:
wrote:

Well it seems I can receive calls but the line is not ringing.
Guess I better look at the settings again.
Still not sure why sipgate shows it as offline though.

Sort of got this working now.
The setting I changed was
Ring Waveform: Trapezoid
It was set to Sinusoid.

I don't like the ring tone much but I reckon this must be changeable
too.
just glad it is ringing for now.

When you get the device it's usually all set up for the USA.

There are UK settings around on the internet, I have altered mine
slightly:

Dial Tine: [email protected],[email protected];60(*/0/1+2)
2nd Dial Tone: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Outside Dial Tone: [email protected];10(*/0/1)
Prompt: [email protected],[email protected];10(*/0/1+2)
Busy Tone: /1)
Reorder Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)
Off Hook Warning Tone: /1+2)
Ring Back Tone: /2/1+2)
Confirm Tone: /1)
SIT1 Tone:
/0/3,0/1/0)
SIT2 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0)
SIT3 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0)
SIT4 Tone:
/0/3,0/4/0)

MWI Dial Tone: /1+2)
Cfwd Dial Tone: /1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
DND Dial Tone: /2);10(*/0/1+2)
Holding Tone: /1)
Conference Tone: /1)
Secure Call Indication Tone: /2)
Feauture Invocation Tone: /1)

These are the ring patterns you phone will make when someone rings them.

Ring1 Candence: 60(.4/.2,.4/2) (Default UK ringing patern)
Ring2 Candence: 60(1/2)
Ring3 Candence: 60(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/1.75)
Ring4 Candence: 60(.4/.8)
Ring5 Candence: 60(2/4)
Ring6 Candence: 60(.2/.4,.2/.4,.2/4)
Ring7 Candence: 60(.4/.2,.4/.2,.4/4)
Ring8 Candence: 60(0.25/9.75) (This setting I altered away from
what it was)

CWT1: Candence: 55(.1/5)
CWT2: Candence: 30(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/5)
CWT3: Candence: 30(.1/.1, .3/.1, .1/9.3)
CWT4: Candence: 30(.1/.1,.1/.1,.1/9.5)
CWT5: Candence: 30(.3/.1,.1/.1,.3/9.1)
CWT6: Candence: 30(.1/.1,.3/.2,.3/9.1)
CWT7: Candence: 30(.3/.1,.3/.1,.1/9.1)
CWT8: Candence: 2.3(.3/2)

Pattern Names can stay the same.

Ring Waveform: Trapezoid
Ring Frequency: 25
Ring Voltage: 90
CWT Frequency: [email protected]
Synchronized Ring: yes

Hook Flash Timer Min: .06
Hook Flash Timer Max: .2
Callee On Hook Delay: 0
Reorder Delay: 5
Call Back Expires: 1800
Call Back Retry Intvl: 30
Call Back Delay: .5
VMWI Refresh Intvl: 0
Interdigit Long Timer: 10
Interdigit Short Timer: 3
CPC Delay: .5
CPC Duration: .1

Misc

Time Zone: GMT
FXS Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF (Setting needed for UK phones)
Daylight Saving Time Rule:
start=3/-1/7/2:0:0;end=10/-1/7/2:0:0;save=1:0:0
FXS Port Input Gain: 2 (Usually set to 0, gain in dB - for quieter, +
for louder)
FXS Port Output Gain: 2 (Usually set to 0, gain in dB - for quieter, +
for louder)
DTMF Playback Level: -16
DTMF Playback Length: .25
Detect ABCD: Yes
Playback ABCD: Yes
Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK With Pr(UK) (This is the standard used on
BT, as all UK phones work with BT Caller display, best to set to this,
some phone work with Bellcore - used on some cable franchise areas, but
the BT version is better as the number is displayed before the phone
starts ringing).
FXS Port Power Limit: FXS Port Power Limit
Caller ID FSK Standard: v.23
Feature Invocation Method: Default
More Echo Suppression: yes

http://paygmobile.at/seb 25 free credit + 5 for referral 07962461234
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old July 7th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh PajaP:
wrote:

Well it seems I can receive calls but the line is not ringing.
Guess I better look at the settings again.
Still not sure why sipgate shows it as offline though.

Sort of got this working now.
The setting I changed was
Ring Waveform: Trapezoid
It was set to Sinusoid.

I don't like the ring tone much but I reckon this must be changeable
too.
just glad it is ringing for now.

To upgrade to Firmware Version: 3.1.12(LS)

http://YOUR_PAP2_IP_ADDRESS_HERE/upg...co.uk/PAP2.bin

Old July 7th 06, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:57:23 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

To upgrade to Firmware Version: 3.1.12(LS)

http://YOUR_PAP2_IP_ADDRESS_HERE/upg...co.uk/PAP2.bin

Thanks but does not work for me.
I tried the .exe too.
Message about it being an incompatible version.
My version is: 3.1.9(LSc)

--
Thx.
PajaP
Old July 8th 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PajaP

Thus spaketh PajaP:
wrote:

Well it seems I can receive calls but the line is not ringing.
Guess I better look at the settings again.
Still not sure why sipgate shows it as offline though.

Sort of got this working now.
The setting I changed was
Ring Waveform: Trapezoid
It was set to Sinusoid.

I don't like the ring tone much but I reckon this must be changeable
too.
just glad it is ringing for now.

When you get the device it's usually all set up for the USA.

There are UK settings around on the internet, I have altered mine
slightly:

snip settings

Thanks for the UK settings.
I will try them out later.