Ripped off by Pulusnet..what a suprise

Old July 7th 06, 08:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zzaaarathustra

Default Ripped off by Pulusnet..what a suprise

I joined Plusnet as they promised that in July I'd be able to get Unlimited
landline calls, Broadband and line rental for 20mo.

Now I find this was a lie.

Its 25 and not unlimited calls.

Now I find they can charge me for leaving, and it'll cost me 60 a year more
than TalkTalk.

Has anyone else been taken in by this scam?

Old July 7th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 7-Jul-2006, "Zzaaarathustra" wrote:

I joined Plusnet as they promised that in July I'd be able to get Unlimited
landline calls, Broadband and line rental for 20mo.

If this was printed off, so you can prove what they claimed, then
you should be able to sort them out. Starting with misleading
advertising and the Trade Descriptions Act.
Depending on how you pay, you might have a problem, with
Direct Debit and Plastic, they just keep taking money whatever
you do, and threaten you if you stop the payments.
I've never done Direct Debit or Plastic for services for that
reason, or signed up for long contract periods.
The smaller the print the bigger the risk.
DIY claims under Small Claims In the County Court,
has worked for me against two big multi-nationals,
one who had their own legal dept and tame barrister.
"Sorry about your problem, we are prepared to
make this very generous offer, if you withdraw your action"
Best thing about a claim is it sets time limits for
resolving the action, and they are forced to make a response.
They can't give you the run around from one call centre to
another. It is the call centre runaround that forces making
claims as the only way to resolve a problem, stuff National
Rate calls, and musical hold for 20 mins or more at a time.
Old July 7th 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

In message ,
Zzaaarathustra writes
I joined Plusnet as they promised that in July I'd be able to get Unlimited
landline calls, Broadband and line rental for 20mo.

Now I find this was a lie.

Its 25 and not unlimited calls.

Now I find they can charge me for leaving, and it'll cost me 60 a year more
than TalkTalk.

Look on the bright side: even PlusNet's broadband service is better than
TalkTalk's.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old July 7th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zzaaarathustra

Well, of course.. being an honest chap, and having dealt with mostly honest
companies that don't do this kind of thing, it did not occur to me that I
was dealing with cowboys.

So of course, I don't have any proof.

Well done Plusnet.... theiving, lying and trickery have earned you an extra
60 yr.

Is this company based in Nigeria, has the boss of Plusnet's dad just died
leaving 25m in an un-named bank account?

Old July 7th 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zzaaarathustra

Lying and cheating is not acceptable, if every person you cheat does not
have written proof that you are not going to rip them off.

****! how many people are there that have nothing better to do than send
idiotic, pedantic posts, that contribute nothing.

An endless supply, apparently.

"Geoff Winkless" ] wrote in message
Zzaaarathustra wrote:

Well, of course.. being an honest chap, and having dealt with mostly
honest companies that don't do this kind of thing, it did not occur to me
that I was dealing with cowboys.

So you're basically saying you have no proof of the advertised offer that
no-one else remembers but which you signed up to a different contract in
order that you might get it?

If I were you I'd stop posting such actionable statements without some
sort of proof to back yourself up.

For what it's worth, from the sounds of things you should think yourself
lucky you didn't sign up with TT and end up moaning on here that you were
tied into an _18_ month contract.

Geoff
No connection to plusnet except as a (mostly) satisfied customer

Old July 7th 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Zzaaarathustra wrote on Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:39:05 +0100:

I joined Plusnet as they promised that in July I'd be able to get
Unlimited landline calls, Broadband and line rental for 20mo.

Now I find this was a lie.

Its 25 and not unlimited calls.

Now I find they can charge me for leaving, and it'll cost me 60 a year
more than TalkTalk.

Has anyone else been taken in by this scam?

I've gone back through my archived emails from Plus.Net and I can't find any
mention of an offer like this. I have however got emails going back to the
22nd May offering line rental at 11 per month with 240 minutes of call time
included. As an existing Plus.Net broadband customer I realise I'd be
getting different offers, but there's never been any mention of unlimited
calls or a bundled 20 deal.

Dan

Old July 7th 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

In message ,
Zzaaarathustra writes
Lying and cheating is not acceptable, if every person you cheat does not
have written proof that you are not going to rip them off.

****! how many people are there that have nothing better to do than send
idiotic, pedantic posts, that contribute nothing.

An endless supply, apparently.

Well, for all we know it my be your failing memory at fault.

Perhaps you'd be better off posting in one of PlusNet's own newsgroups,
such as plusnet.service.customer-feedback. Someone there may remember
what you're talking about.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
Old July 7th 06, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Guthrie

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:39:05 +0100, "Zzaaarathustra" wrote:

I joined Plusnet as they promised that in July I'd be able to get Unlimited
landline calls, Broadband and line rental for 20mo.

Now I find this was a lie.

Did you ever think that you were going to get unlimited landline calls
for 20 per month? I doubt if anyone would make such an offer. As
it is, you get line rental, 240 minutes included and broadband for
your 25.99 which isn't that bad a deal.

Now I find they can charge me for leaving, and it'll cost me 60 a year more
than TalkTalk.

Has anyone else been taken in by this scam?

I'll bet you didn't read the conditions of the contract.

Jim.
Old July 7th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Martin Jay wrote:
In message ,
Zzaaarathustra writes
I joined Plusnet as they promised that in July I'd be able to get
Unlimited
landline calls, Broadband and line rental for 20mo.

Now I find this was a lie.

Its 25 and not unlimited calls.

Now I find they can charge me for leaving, and it'll cost me 60 a
year more
than TalkTalk.

Look on the bright side: even PlusNet's broadband service is better than
TalkTalk's.

^^ Iv had no problems with TalkTalk. I had one proble with gaming & one
with the speed, but TT sorted them both out for me....

STOP SLATING TALKTALK!!!
Old July 7th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Geoff Winkless wrote:
Zzaaarathustra wrote:

Lying and cheating is not acceptable, if every person you cheat does
not have written proof that you are not going to rip them off.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

Both Dan and I have absolutely no recollection of the offer you describe
and I at least was checking the advertised offers out to see if they
were worthwhile.

The point is that no-one else thinks that they lied; you have either to
prove that they did or to find several others who agree with your
version of events - which seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Geoff

They were offering 2 options if i remember - 20 a month with PAYG
B/band (50mb free!!!!) or 29.99 with unltd calls & there version of
unltd b/band