Orange broadband probs - speedtouch 330

Old July 7th 06, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark L R Harris & Son

Default Orange broadband probs - speedtouch 330

after the massive storm on wednesday morning our orange (wanadoo) broadband
has stopped working - the modem is a speedtouch 330 and all i have is a
flashing adsl light (when trying to connet it comes up "no dial tone"
the connection has been perfect since we signed up in may

have contacted the tech support several times and have now been told i have
to wait 2 days to see if there is a line fault (telephone works fine)

anyone have any ideas on how i can check to see if the line is faulty or the
modem?
Thanks
Mark

Old July 7th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

"Mark L R Harris & Son" wrote in message
after the massive storm on wednesday morning our orange (wanadoo)
broadband has stopped working - the modem is a speedtouch 330 and all i
have is a flashing adsl light (when trying to connet it comes up "no dial
tone"
the connection has been perfect since we signed up in may

have contacted the tech support several times and have now been told i
have to wait 2 days to see if there is a line fault (telephone works fine)

anyone have any ideas on how i can check to see if the line is faulty or
the modem?
Thanks
Mark

Try the modem on a known to be working line?

Try a known to be working modem on your line?

Old July 8th 06, 01:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
C!

Mark L R Harris & Son wrote:
anyone have any ideas on how i can check to see if the line is faulty
or the
modem?

Plug a normal phone into your line without using the filters. Should
be able to hear broadband sound

Old July 8th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

C! wrote:
Mark L R Harris & Son wrote:
anyone have any ideas on how i can check to see if the line is
faulty
or the
modem?

Plug a normal phone into your line without using the filters.
Should
be able to hear broadband sound

Not if the modem isn't working/in synch you won't