skype & wireless

Old July 7th 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
robert

Default skype & wireless

hi guys... i`m very new here and it`s my first msg on this nsgr.

I would like to know how i can connect the wireless earphones of my
mobile with my laptop to use with skype.

Is it possible or it`s just my dream??

thanks a lot,
Vinnie

Old July 7th 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi guys... i`m very new here and it`s my first msg on this nsgr.

I would like to know how i can connect the wireless earphones of my
mobile with my laptop to use with skype.

Is it possible or it`s just my dream??

thanks a lot,
Vinnie

Vinnie/robert,

Not a dream, no - some might call it a nightmare though.

You'd need a bluetooth dongle that supports the headset profile for your PC.

Old July 7th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tony

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

"robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi guys... i`m very new here and it`s my first msg on this nsgr.

I would like to know how i can connect the wireless earphones of my
mobile with my laptop to use with skype.

Is it possible or it`s just my dream??

thanks a lot,
Vinnie

Vinnie/robert,

Not a dream, no - some might call it a nightmare though.

You'd need a bluetooth dongle that supports the headset profile for your

PC.

On the same subject, does anyone know if its possible to use a mobile phone
and USB BT dongle to send a receive calls on Skype using a mobile phone, ie
using the mobile phone's speaker and microphone for skype comms?

Old July 7th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Tony" wrote in message

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

"robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi guys... i`m very new here and it`s my first msg on this nsgr.

I would like to know how i can connect the wireless earphones of my
mobile with my laptop to use with skype.

Is it possible or it`s just my dream??

thanks a lot,
Vinnie

Vinnie/robert,

Not a dream, no - some might call it a nightmare though.

You'd need a bluetooth dongle that supports the headset profile for your

PC.

On the same subject, does anyone know if its possible to use a mobile

phone
and USB BT dongle to send a receive calls on Skype using a mobile phone,

ie
using the mobile phone's speaker and microphone for skype comms?

I'm guessing you mean Bluetooth when you use "BT" and not British Telecom
(as it used to be)

Old July 11th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Doz

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:37:50 +0100, Tony wrote:

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk...

"robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi guys... i`m very new here and it`s my first msg on this nsgr.

I would like to know how i can connect the wireless earphones of my
mobile with my laptop to use with skype.

Is it possible or it`s just my dream??

thanks a lot,
Vinnie

Vinnie/robert,

Not a dream, no - some might call it a nightmare though.

You'd need a bluetooth dongle that supports the headset profile for your

PC.

On the same subject, does anyone know if its possible to use a mobile phone
and USB BT dongle to send a receive calls on Skype using a mobile phone, ie
using the mobile phone's speaker and microphone for skype comms?

That depends on your phone... nearly all phones only use BT(Bluetooth) for file
transfer not voice relay
Old July 11th 06, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Doz" wrote in message

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:37:50 +0100, Tony wrote:

"Jono" wrote in
message
. uk...

[snip]

On the same subject, does anyone know if its possible
to use a mobile phone and USB BT dongle to send a
receive calls on Skype using a mobile phone, ie using
the mobile phone's speaker and microphone for skype
comms?

That depends on your phone... nearly all phones only use
BT(Bluetooth) for file transfer not voice relay

How do you use a bluetooth headset/earpiece/car kit then..? Not come
across a BT-equiiped phone I couldn't use one with.

Ivor

Old July 11th 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones expressed precisely :
"Doz" wrote in message

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:37:50 +0100, Tony wrote:

"Jono" wrote in
message
. uk...

[snip]

On the same subject, does anyone know if its possible
to use a mobile phone and USB BT dongle to send a
receive calls on Skype using a mobile phone, ie using
the mobile phone's speaker and microphone for skype
comms?

That depends on your phone... nearly all phones only use
BT(Bluetooth) for file transfer not voice relay

How do you use a bluetooth headset/earpiece/car kit then..? Not come across a
BT-equiiped phone I couldn't use one with.

Ivor

....I think he meant the /dongles/ not phones.

Old July 11th 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote
in message
yonder.com.co.uk
Ivor Jones expressed precisely :

[snip]

How do you use a bluetooth headset/earpiece/car kit
then..? Not come across a BT-equiiped phone I couldn't
use one with. Ivor

...I think he meant the /dongles/ not phones.

He said phones, I took it that he meant phones.

Ivor

Old July 11th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Doz" wrote in message

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:37:50 +0100, Tony wrote:

"Jono" wrote in
message
. uk...

[snip]

On the same subject, does anyone know if its possible
to use a mobile phone and USB BT dongle to send a
receive calls on Skype using a mobile phone, ie using
the mobile phone's speaker and microphone for skype
comms?

That depends on your phone... nearly all phones only use
BT(Bluetooth) for file transfer not voice relay

How do you use a bluetooth headset/earpiece/car kit then..? Not come
across a BT-equiiped phone I couldn't use one with.

Ivor

The fish didn't bite to my reply Ivor, could have had some
fun!

ULX